PDA

View Full Version : Question about Peg Perego Vela

cndnveggie
03-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Just saw this stroller - does anyone know if the canopy can pull forward/down, like on the Pliko P3? I've been on the lookout for a lightweight stroller with a great canopy and compact fold, and the Vela looks intriguing...

(BTW, I have a BJCE, so I'm not too interested in a BJCM, in case someone suggests that as an alternative ;))

Thanks!!!

Suzanne74
03-27-2010, 03:35 AM
I am almost positive when I was checking it out at Buy Buy Baby it does. I have to go there again tomorrow and will check for you.

Suzanne74
03-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Here is a bunch of info on it. On the blog it says the canopy isn't as good as the Si but still goes down some.

http://blog.pegperegousa.com/?p=397

strollerqueen
03-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Just saw this stroller - does anyone know if the canopy can pull forward/down, like on the Pliko P3? I've been on the lookout for a lightweight stroller with a great canopy and compact fold, and the Vela looks intriguing...

(BTW, I have a BJCE, so I'm not too interested in a BJCM, in case someone suggests that as an alternative ;))

Thanks!!!

It does on my Aria; fabulous canopy! I just bit the bullet and ordered a Vela from Amazon, so I can let you know next week when it comes.

strollerqueen
03-27-2010, 03:51 PM
If you scroll down to the end of the comments, they say the canopy does come all the way down, like the P3 or Aria. Wonder what the true weight is. I weighed the Aria at 14 pounds. Hmmmm...

cndnveggie
03-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Can't wait to hear what you think about it! I'm not in a huge rush to buy another stroller - actually, I can probably live with our Mac Volo, since DS is almost 3 and doesn't use a stroller much anymore. But of course, I can't help checking out all these new strollers that may be a better option than the Volo - maybe when baby #2 eventually comes along ;)

Suzanne74
03-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I checked today. It does come down pretty good but the Si's canopy was better but that could also be because seat is a little more compact.

Someone mentioned in another post it felt like it could tip over on it's side and I kinda agree with them. If you turn it too quick it does loose some balance. Try it out before you buy. Good Luck!

strollerqueen
03-28-2010, 01:12 AM
That's interesting. Most 3-wheelers are less stable than 4-wheelers, so I could see a lighter one could be even more tippy.