PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist gurus - is there a "best time" to sell big toys?

fivi2
03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
May be a silly question, but I am ready to unload our wooden kitchen. It just doesn't get played with and it takes up a lot of room. I didn't know if it mattered when to list such things... Do I wait until closer to christmas? Does it make a difference when I list?

Thanks!

Meatball Mommie
03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm no guru, but I have sold some things on CL. We had a wooden kitchen set and I listed it at Christmas time as a package deal with all the food/plates/etc we had. Lots of inquiries and it went fast. I'd be inclined to wait until Xmas....JMO

mariza
03-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Birthdays happen year round, I would post it now and if you don't get the price you want then wait for Christmas.

spanannie
03-27-2010, 02:38 PM
I do well selling any time of year. I've never not sold anything for the price I have it listed at (well, with the exception of a Mercedes we're trying to sell right now).

I have found that I have great luck, too, with posting after lunch/early afternoon. A lot of people must be on their computers that time of day.

fivi2
03-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the advice!

mskitty
03-27-2010, 10:42 PM
May be a silly question, but I am ready to unload our wooden kitchen. It just doesn't get played with and it takes up a lot of room. I didn't know if it mattered when to list such things... Do I wait until closer to christmas? Does it make a difference when I list?

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to list on Wednesday or Thursday. As a buyer, its easier to make arrangements to pick up on Saturday when the inital post happens on Wednesday or Thursday. It allows time for a few e-mails back and forth or phone tag to make arrangements.

mskitty

Melaine
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I would definitely post now. People are getting their tax refunds and I get a lot of responses at this time of year. Just decide what you want to sell it at and stick with your price, if you have to re-list it a few times that's no problem. I've also noticed responses seem to ebb and flow based on how close I post to payday!

NewMom2007
03-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Post now - people are looking for kitchens year-round. Also, do a search on your local CL for variations of play kitchens. When I was looking for one, I posted an "ISO Wooden Kitchen" ad and the woman I bought from contacted me, so she never had to list it.

Make sure to post pictures and note any damage. More info up front is better.

fivi2
03-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks again! This is all great info!