PDA

View Full Version : Uppa Vista vs Walkabye Terrani vs others

chiquiquita
03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone
Very new to the baby/stroller thing, so thank you, in advance, for your help.

We are first time parents in NYC. We're looking at the Uppa Vista and really like it - it is a bit pricey though. So we found one called Walkabye Terrani which SEEMS to be everything that the Bugaboo and Uppa are but for $500 ALL IN - meaning all of the other accessories, diaper bags, etc etc that you might need are included.

First, has anyone heard of them?
Second, how much do you love the Uppa Vista (and do you think you could have gone with something else)?
Lastly, any preferences OVER the Vista?

Many thanks!
Ana

jenny
03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I never heard of the other stroller that you are looking into.
But I bought the UppaBaby Vista 2010 and I LOVE it.

We live in north Jersey and use it all the time when we go out on walks along the river.

I think the Bugaboo is slightly smaller and I see a lot of Bugaboos around my area, but I'm very happy with my Vista. I like that it has foam tires and that you can collapse it with the seat attached and that it has an extended UV protecting sun shade and that the peekaboo window is mesh, to allow for air flow during the hot summer.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Uppababy customer service. My seat fabric came with a tear in it, and when I emailed UppaBaby with pics, they Fedexed me a new fabric the Next day and told me to just toss the fabric that came with my stroller. They are awesome!

I just looked up the Walkabye stroller and IMO it looks cheap. Maybe it looks better in person, but the frame looks very thin and not sturdy, the wheels look like they're made of plastic and it only has a 3-position recline. And it seems like it's selling for $600.

The 2010 Vista is $679.

strollerqueen
03-28-2010, 01:10 AM
LOVE the 2010 UPPAbaby Vista!:jammin: Don't know anything about the other one. Mostly, with strollers, you get what you pay for. Although there are some that are overpriced. If you are on a tight budget, I recommend buying a gently used top quality brand.

AnnieW625
03-28-2010, 01:34 AM
I have a 2007 Vista and I do really like it, it's a great and very well made stroller. I think it's a great deal compared to a Bugaboo.

PGTB
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone
Very new to the baby/stroller thing, so thank you, in advance, for your help.

We are first time parents in NYC. We're looking at the Uppa Vista and really like it - it is a bit pricey though. So we found one called Walkabye Terrani which SEEMS to be everything that the Bugaboo and Uppa are but for $500 ALL IN - meaning all of the other accessories, diaper bags, etc etc that you might need are included.

First, has anyone heard of them?
Second, how much do you love the Uppa Vista (and do you think you could have gone with something else)?
Lastly, any preferences OVER the Vista?

Many thanks!
Ana

I am a 1st time parent in NYC as well and thought I have been to most of the baby stores in Manhattan and have seen most of the reversible strollers, but I've never heard of the Walkabye. It looks very interesting and different, so refreshing to see something other than Bugaboo which seems to be 80% of strollers in NYC or Vista (another 15%). I often can't help myself but stare when I see any stroller other than Bugaboo or Vista, LOL. So, I am not going to discourage you from it, but I still would advice to try to find someone to carries it to try it at the store. There is nothing comparable to being able to try something in person, try to fold it, feel the weight with your own hands, take it for a ride around the store, etc. before making a buying decision.

As far as other strollers alternative to Vista, there are quite a few out there and there are some bargains you can have. Not everyone can afford a Bugaboo and not everyone wants to spend 400 or upwards of that on a used stroller either.

I ordered I'coo Pacific, it is a full size full feature reversible seat stroller that goes for 469, it doesn't have a separate bassinet, the seat converts into the bassinet and back very easily (which is a plus as we have limited storage). The price includes universal car seat adapter, rain cover and a boot cover for cold days that zips into the seat. The frame is the same as their older model I'coo Targo that's been around and has been getting good reviews. You can search for I'coo Targo reviews on the internet or this forum. It's not a cheapo stroller by any means, it's well constructed and has a ride similar to Bugaboo, at least when I tried it at the store. It's more lightweight (23 lb) and has a slightly smaller footprint than Vista, it also folds very easily. It may not have all the bells and whistles like reversible handle on the Bugaboo or the 4 seat positions and nice organic lined bassinet or fancy canopy of the Vista, but it's a very functional stroller with a nice extra feature that allows you to raise the seat or lower it (2 diff height positions) and the seat that can go completely flat as it reverses to bassinet, which Bugaboo or Vista don't have.

I think you also can get I'coo Targo for 100 less than Vista, it's similar to Pacific (same frame) but has a more padded seat that also converts into the bassinet which is deeper. I also read there are some deals on Quinny Buzz. You probably still can get deals on older model of Vista 2009 brand new, which doesn't have the most upright 4th seat position, but lots of posters have been extremely happy with it. To save extra you can order online with no shipping and sales tax and maybe use a coupon to give you an extra discount. I don't think you really need to spend close to a grand to get a good quality full feature brand new stroller. And the extra bonus would be that you have something different and stand out among the army of Bugaboo clones out on the NYC streets :tongue5:

Sidney
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
I LOVE my 2010 orange Vista! :love5:

jenny
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I LOVE my 2010 orange Vista! :love5:

Woohoo. I have a 2010 Orange Vista too and Love it!

jesserina
03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I have a 2008 vista seat and a 2009 frame (my 2008 frame had issues and they sent me a free 2009 frame, uppa service rocks!!!)

I love it, although I am jealous of the enhanced features of the 2010. If I were a first time buyer right now I would definitely get the 2010 vista.

I need to get new rear wheels for my stroller, we wore ours down! There are no treads left and holes in the rubber!!! I have used it everyday for the past 19 months. :)