PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on stocking & basket fillers?

ourbabygirl
03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
DD isn't quite 18 months so she doesn't really understand the whole Christmas stocking & Easter basket thing yet, but I'm wondering how much to plan to spend coming up here. I know that every family's 'Santa' & 'Bunny' are different, but I'd like to get a general idea of an average amount spent.

Thanks! :)

SnuggleBuggles
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
The EB brings 1-2 toys totaling about $30-40 then a bit of candy.

Santa fills the stockings a lot less, closer to $15-20. A few small things and a tiny bit of candy

Beth

newg
03-27-2010, 08:33 PM
This year DD (she's two) got a few small toys/stickers/DVD in her stocking.........and I'm doing the same for her easter basket. I'm putting stickers and small jars of play dough and Little Tikes people in some easter eggs.

Right now I don't see the point of going crazy with either....especially candy.

JTsMom
03-27-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure. I do buy some candy in bags, but I just put a little in the basket/stocking. Then I usually do something like a kite and bubbles- so maybe another $6 or so, and then a toy or book or something-nothing huge. Maybe some sidewalk chalk, and a card game too. Maybe $25-35? It's hard to figure the candy amount b/c I could split it between several, but since it's just DS...

Stockings vary more b/c I usually just shove whatever will fit in there. Could be something big, or just little stuff.

chozen
03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
i voted $11.00- $15.00.