PDA

View Full Version : After Market Air Tires for Cameleon??

ahrimie
03-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Our Bugaboo Cameleon came with the foam tires (bought in 2008 but I think we got the 2009 model?). Will the air tires work for my Cam? According to mystrollers.com, the air tires are only for 2008 or previous strollers.

This stroller almost always stays in the garage and is used for frequent walks. I never thought to try air tires but if I can, I'd really love to. I'm sure it'd make a smoother ride.

Answers or ideas much appreciated!! :heartbeat:

Jelly Bean
03-28-2010, 08:42 AM
I know the Bug, Vista and BJCE among many others are now using foam tires. I don't think anyone on these boards has noticed a difference between foam and air...maybe a teeny tiny bit but not worth buying separate air tires imo. I think you'll love that the foam ones never go flat. I have a 2008 BJCE that lives in my garage and it annoys me that I have to pump up the tires every once in a while and I worry I'll get a flat when I'm out somewhere and not have a pump nearby. Meanwhile I love my Vista's foam tires! Such a smooth ride.

ahrimie
03-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I thought someone said on here that the air tires provide a smoother ride.... no??

jacksmoma
03-28-2010, 03:11 PM
i do notice a difference...air gives a more cushy bouncy ride for sure....i say try it!

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Wonder if Bugaboo would ship them to you? They shipped me(overnighted, actually) a whole wheel once when we were on vacation and had a flat. They sent me two new air tires to my house for $10 each also. Did you adjust the suspension on the front wheels of the Cameleon? That will change the feel also.

ahrimie
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Wonder if Bugaboo would ship them to you? They shipped me(overnighted, actually) a whole wheel once when we were on vacation and had a flat. They sent me two new air tires to my house for $10 each also. Did you adjust the suspension on the front wheels of the Cameleon? That will change the feel also.

Which way should I adjust the suspension? Looking at Bug's website, they are $29.95 each--how can I get them for $10?

Soooo, they WILL fit my 2009 Bug?

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Which way should I adjust the suspension? Looking at Bug's website, they are $29.95 each--how can I get them for $10?

Soooo, they WILL fit my 2009 Bug?
??? Maybe just play around with it. Isn't a heavier DC supposed to have more play in the susp.? I would just call their CS and ask about air tires. They've been really helpful before!

ahrimie
03-29-2010, 07:15 AM
??? Maybe just play around with it. Isn't a heavier DC supposed to have more play in the susp.? I would just call their CS and ask about air tires. They've been really helpful before!

Thanks... I obviously have not tried to play around with it... ;)

strollerqueen
04-01-2010, 02:31 AM
I know the Bug, Vista and BJCE among many others are now using foam tires. I don't think anyone on these boards has noticed a difference between foam and air....

ME! :thumbsup: I notice the difference, and I think it is substantial. Air tires are way more A/T. So much so that some models--like my BebeCar--give you the option of buying foam tires for indoor use, or air tires for outdoor use.