PDA

View Full Version : City Mini Car Seat Adapter

diegosmom
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm looking for input on the Car Seat Adaptor and to see if parents like it. I have both the City Mini and Double and am expecting my 3rd. I don't know whether to get the car seat adaptor or a gently used snug ride stroller frame for $25 bucks. Can the adaptor be used on both the single and double? How easy is it to switch it if I will need to? Thanks for the input.

jacksmoma
03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
honestly i have both the bjcm and bjcmd and used an adaptor on both- loved it on the single but it was super huge/odd on the double and i returned it asap! i would go with the snugrider frame if i did it again as it's lighter then the bjcm w/ adaptor and i wouldn't have to worry about putting wear on the actually stroller yet. you can just always lay baby flat in the mini as the seat goes alllll the way down :)

jesserina
03-30-2010, 07:11 AM
My 1st child always took naps on errands. If #2 is the same way I was really counting on the carseat adaptor to click the carseat in without waking the baby when we are out.

Would you say the adaptor for the double makes it too cramped for the older child? If you can elaborate that would be great!!! Reclining the seat will be fine for walks, etc but I was counting using the adaptor for errands!

Thanks!! :)
honestly i have both the bjcm and bjcmd and used an adaptor on both- loved it on the single but it was super huge/odd on the double and i returned it asap! i would go with the snugrider frame if i did it again as it's lighter then the bjcm w/ adaptor and i wouldn't have to worry about putting wear on the actually stroller yet. you can just always lay baby flat in the mini as the seat goes alllll the way down :)

jacksmoma
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
no not too cramped- do a search on this site, i reviewed it on a post :) it sits wayyy out in front of the footwell area, not in the seat like you would think (like a double bob). it is really heavy too, about 10 lbs, i would not get it if i was you. for quick trips just use a single stroller with adaptor and have toddler walk, most like to walk for a short trip anyways. then for longer outtings put baby flat in the bjcmd.