PDA

View Full Version : What are you wearing for Easter?

WitMom
03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
As always, I have waited until the last minute, and I have nothing for myself to wear for Easter. I am looking for ideas because I can never think of or find anything cute on my own. What is everyone else wearing?

misshollygolightly
03-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, I'm wearing a dress I already have (still can't decide between my little black dress and my dark purple one), but I splurged on a new hat from an etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=43216970

I realize that this "cocktail" hat (and the black and purple dresses I'm considering) aren't exactly traditional, but I love the idea of wearing a hat for Easter Sunday, and I really wanted this one :-) And living in the frigid Midwest, it's pretty hard to pull off a sundress or pastels for Easter--even if the weather happens to be warm enough, my skin is still waaay too pale for the more spring-ish looks. So this is what I'm going to do :ROTFLMAO:

I just got the Target flyer today and it looked like they had some cute Easter options for ladies...so if you're still undecided you might swing by there and have a look. My other fail-safe is to just use a dress I already have (usually a sleeveless dress) and pair it with a cute cardigan and a fun, Spring-ish accessory (the hat in this case, but I also like fresh corsages I can pin to the sweater). Add a pearl necklace and you're good to go!

Melaine
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Ugh I found a dress I really liked today at Target but the only one in my size had a zipper issue that I just wasn't willing to deal with. I guess I will be wearing last year's dress again, which is black and white. I was hoping for something brighter, but oh well.

newg
03-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I bought a purple maternity wrap dress from Gap. I'll be wearing it for my niece's baptism too.

ahrimie
03-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I bought a striped shirt dress from Gap during their recent sale. I took off the fabric belt and will use a skinny mustard yellow leather belt instead. Peep toe pumps and my new handbag (Anniv. gift from DH--love love). Not really "springy" or "Easter-like" but it's more me.

AnnieW625
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Either this grean jersey tank dress from Babystyle that I happen to be wearing today, or an orange/brown green floral print top, and plain brown skirt from Japanese Weekend. Shoe wise I am probably wearing my bronze colored leather thong sandals.

JoyNChrist
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
I bought a really cute dress at Motherhood for a summer wedding I'm going to - it's yellow and cream with a large floral print in pinks, peaches, and greens. Very "springy." The only problem is that it's sleeveless, so I need to find a cardigan and some shoes before Sunday.

BeachBum
03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I bought this denim strapless dress from target and am wearing it with a white cardigan and a wide brown belt.

http://www.target.com/Merona-Collection-Strapless-Denim-Dress/dp/B002ZSA5SC/ref=sr_1_1/189-4236470-2144826?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&qid=1269908503&sr=1-1&rh=k%3Adenim%20dress&page=1

willow33
03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm wearing this pink cowl neck short-sleeve sweater with light gray dress pants and cute silver ballet flats. I bought the sweater at Target and it looks like it's on clearance right now online. It's really comfortable and fits great. DD is wearing a similar colored pink dress and the boys are wearing green/pink plaid shirts. Now to get DH to coordinate so we can take a family photo :)

http://tinyurl.com/ydy2tbe

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I have nothing. Literally. I have some nice maternity dresses...that won't work this year. And I'm teaching Sunday school, plus DH wants me to cook for his parents. :crying: I just want to hop, skip, and celebrate the risen Christ, not have all this grown up responsibility and no dress to wear.

WitMom
03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
misshollygolightly- I hear you about being in the midwest and being pale! That brings up another question. For those of you in cooler climates that are wearing dresses...what shoes do you wear? And what about hose? It always seems too cold to go bare legged, and sandals always seem too "cold", too. But spring clothes don't seem to "work" with boots. This is too complicated for me.

misshollygolightly
03-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Witmom--I'm wearing nude tights and black high heels (that match my dress). It's really hard to pull off sandals or even white shoes when there may be snow on the ground. But ordinary heels w/ tights seem to work fine. Last year, I wore a navy and brown silk dress with nude tights and brown heels. I have to agree that boots aren't very Easter-y, but if that's more appropriate for your climate and outfit, I say go for it!

MoJo
03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
A periwinkle maternity dress, with periwinkle embroidered flowers all over it.

It's a long dress, so I'll wear knee-high hose and either blue or black flats with it. (I'm very pale, but don't have any other type of hose I can wear during pregnancy.)

Hmm. . . DH has a periwinkle-colored shirt, I think. I need to see if it would look good with my dress! I too was hoping for an updated snapshot family picture.

I live in an area where there's sometimes snow at Easter. . . but Saturday's forecast is calling for mid-70s! Hoping maybe Sunday will bring the same!

Nooknookmom
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
A (nice) tee, (dark-wash) jeans and flip-flops or (my dress up) sneakers. Unless someone pulls my ear, holds me down and dresses me up. ;)

Our Easter is usually very casual. Seems that the times *I* dressed up, everyone else didn't and I was overdressed.

I finally gave up and just go as myself.

newg
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm going to wear my black dress boots with my purple dress. I don't want to buy maternity panty hose and it's going to be raining and possibly cold. It's a dark purple dress, so I figure my black boots will look nice. Not super Eastery (sp?)....but oh well.

Kindra178
03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Think it's going to be in the 60's in Chicago, which is a first for Easter, so I am going pale legs and flats, most likely

viba424
04-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I wore an olive green spotted shirt from boden and ivory wool pants and matching green low Pliner heels. Turned out that it was perfect for the slightly cooler weather. I just didnt want to wear a skirt this year. Plus I didnt really have one I wanted to wear anyway.