PDA

View Full Version : How many diaper bags

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-28-2010, 08:07 PM
How many diaper bags do you have?

LMPC
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
We keep one in each car. I have a nice messenger bag that was a gift and a Valco one that i got off Shnoop for about $5. Both work equally well!

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I have 2. I made one and I have a VB baby bag.

I am also considering buying 2 more. The LE backpack and the VB large backpack. I'm just really trying to find a picture of both actually on someones back since I'm spatially challenged in thinking about measurements.

jgenie
03-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I just added our 4th to the collection. :bag I started with a skip hop duo that I bought at 75% off at Target. I now use that as a car bag and bought the LEnd Little Tripper. I :love5: the little tripper but figured I needed more space now that DS2 is here so I bought the LE backpack diaper bag. I also have a skip hop saddlebag I bought on super clearance.

wellyes
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
I went through about 5 looking for the right one. I voted 4 cause I was able to see one of the "rejects".

salsah
03-28-2010, 09:27 PM
no way am i the only one so far with more than 5! :bag

TwoBees
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
I voted for 2, but I'm not sure what counts as a diaper bag, and what counts as mine.

I have a Baggallini Only Bagg and a Skip Hop Studio Tote.

DH has a Diaper Dude messenger--does that count as mine?

I also have a JJ cole diapers and wipes holder and I have a big LLBean tote in my car with extras---that bag stays in my car as backup in case I am caught without something I need. So...does that count as a diaper bag? I guess it is, I just don't access it very often.

I also have other LLBean tote that I use on occasion if I need to carry a lot of stuff.

Melaine
03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I voted 2. Two now, currently, but in the past 3 years, way over 5. I just get rid of stuff when I'm not using it.

cndnveggie
03-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Prior to discovering the Ju-Ju-Be Pink Room over a year ago, I would have said just 1. Now I have to say 7 :47: All JJB's - two Betweens, two Be Smalls, a MiniBe, a BRB, and a WannaBe. Oh, and two Be Changeds (but I don't count those as diaper bags, more glorified changing pads ;)) The Pink Room totally sucked me in!!!

DebbieJ
03-29-2010, 09:28 AM
I know I have at least five. Two of them were free, one has a broken zipper, one is just too big for regular use. I use the SH Dash as my daily bag.

This doesn't count the 3 I've owned and sold.

MoJo
03-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Honestly, none.

For daily use, I just put stuff in my big purse. For longer trips, I use one of my messenger bags with compartments &/or keep stuff in the trunk of the car.

AnnieW625
03-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Technically we have three, but one is only going to be used a diaper bag:
freebie from the hospital, which DH quickly took and started using for hunting stuff
Eddie Bauer diaper messenger bag; used this for DD and it was a great bag, but it was really starting to show it's age, so now DH has appropriated it and it's DH's second hunting bag.
Ju Ju Be Be Spicy in Lotus Lullaby

Prior to discovering the Ju-Ju-Be Pink Room over a year ago, I would have said just 1. Now I have to say 7 :47: All JJB's - two Betweens, two Be Smalls, a MiniBe, a BRB, and a WannaBe. Oh, and two Be Changeds (but I don't count those as diaper bags, more glorified changing pads ;)) The Pink Room totally sucked me in!!!

That place is dangerous! I like reading everyone's posts, but since I am a minimalist for the most part that was why I bought the Be Spicy instead of the BeTween, and a Mighty Be (plus I really wanted the Sangria Mighty Be and that is no where to be found these days). I am thinking about a checkbook cover (as I do need one) and maybe one of the BeLight bags.

LarsMal
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
I have 3, but I only use one of them.

scrooks
03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
I have 5 but 2 were free from the hospital...so they don't count right??? ;)
Of the other 3- one I don't ever use (it's a pottery barn kids bag), one is an llbean diaper bag that I use on occasion and the last is the lands end backpack I just got a couple of weeks ago and so far really like. And actually I use the 2 free ones...one is exclusively used for the sitter's house and the other is nice and small so I use it offen on short trips to the store or a playdate.

zukeypur
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I have 5 but IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

MIL had one made for each of the 2 younger ones, but they're soooo not my style. They're cute fabrics, but I like diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags, and I certainly don't like cloth bags. I use them for overnight stays or babysitters. I also make sure they go with us when we go visit MIL or when they come here. Luckily they only do that every couple of months.

Diaper bag #3 is a bag that I got from Target. It's a canvas bag with lots of pockets, but the bag is too thin and too deep, and the outside pockets are hard to access. It was my main bag for #2 after my PPB knock off cratered.

Diaper bag #4 is my beloved Amy Michelle Gladiola (http://www.ebags.com/amy_michelle/gladiola_patent/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=107965) bag from ebags in green. It's the perfect bag. It's roomy enough for all my crap for myself and 3 kids, and it looks like a stylish purse. It's got great outer pockets with magnetic closures on all of them, and lots of inner pockets. And the stroller straps are fabulous.

Diaper bag #5 is my newest splurge, and a total impulse buy from babysteals a couple of weeks ago. It's a fleurville g-luxe in white. I have wanted this bag since I first got pregnant, but wasn't willing to shell out the $ for it. When it came up on babysteals I caved. I haven't even used it yet, but I think it'll be a great bag when the baby is out of the "can't leave the house without taking half of the nursery" stage.

So out of 5 bags, I only really use 1, and I have a backup for smaller outings or for the toddler days when you don't need quite so much crap. Both of them look like purses though, so I can use them later on too.

ahrimie
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
I voted 1 but that's only because it's the only bag made to be a diaper bag. I use mostly totes or just whatever bag I'm carrying now.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I need to change my vote. Originally I had 2 and was planning on buying two more but I think I will be sticking with only one more, the lands end back pack and not the vera bradley (even though it's 20% off the sale price of the pattern I want) :cry: For now 3 is enough....or is it :loveeyes:

UPDATE: In my typical style at the last moment I decided to go with the ju ju be be right back instead of the Land End back pack. (I had to make a decision as we have a trip to NYC in 2 weeks to go house hunting) I hope I made the right choice.

ssand23
04-12-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm at least glad to see there are others who have more than 5. And in my defense, I got almost all of these at a big discount. I also have 4 children from ages 16 yrs to 3 months. I do switch off & use them all.

From Petunia Pickle Bottom, I have a Boxy Backpack in Komono Roll, a Touring Tote in Dragon Roll & a Crosstown Clutch in Sightseeing in Sumatra. All came from their super cheap online outlet sales.

I have a light blue Sling Tote from Fleurville (came from a message board where someone got it as a shower gift, didn't like it & wanted to unload it cheap) & ordered the Fleurville Re-run Messenger bag in Ogo with my Franklin Goose credits. You know because I really need another diaper bag LOL I love that print & figured it's free to why not. ;) And I'd purchased 3 of their wristlets separately. I love those things & use them all the time.

I have a 2 Sally Spicer totes (I had 1 defective SS bag so they gave me a discount code to use, though I'm embarassed to admit how many Sally Spicer bags I have total, it's double digits now), Baby Gap diaper bag backpack (used to work for them & used employee discount), a Lands End Do-it-all & Little Tripper (they are both 10 yrs old but still look brand new) & then 3 of the hospital bags.

I think that's it. Some people buy too many purses or shoes, for me it's diaper bags. ;)

pb&j
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Zero.

I can get a couple of diapers and a travel pack of wipes in my purse. If I need more room, I have a gallon ziploc bag.

We travel light.

catpagmo
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Two. One I used with DD and I still have it, but don't use it anymore. I have a different one that I use with DS.

ang79
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Hmmm....are we counting actual diaper bags or non-diaper bags that we use as diaper bags? If its just actual diaper bags (my kids are 1 and 3.5, so I'm starting to transition away from diaper bags and into using mommy friendly purses now), then I have a JJB MiniBe and BeLight (and want a Mighty Be, though not necessarily for a diaper bag), Fleurville leather Luxe, Lexie Barnes Darling, Baby Star Tote, and Fleurville Lark (though its my church tote, not a diaper bag). I also have several mommy friendly purses (LSS, Everyday Deluxe, Haiku To-Go, VB Cargo Sling). What can I saw, I like bags :) After joining the babybags yahoo group and the JJB Pink Room, I went a bit crazy buying and trying, so my list of bags I've tried and sold is crazy long!

swissair81
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I have 3- a Storksak Gigi, a JJB Packabe & an OiOi that I got on babysteals. Trying to figure out if I can make any of those work once I have model 4.0, or I have to get a steamer trunk to tie to the canopy of my stroller. I guess I'll figure it out.

the2bobs
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
jeez, I never even thought to count the ones they give you at the hospital, if I do that pushes me over 5: 3 or 4 from the hospital, my 1st bag was Fleurville sling tote that DS1 takes to school (so manly DH states), Kate Spade tote that I use now, 2 Fleurville diaper pods, and DH has a Fleurville DJ bag. Oddly enough, we use all of them.

swissair81
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I have all my bags packed differently & I manage to use all the combos without having to dump out my bag & repack whenever I go out. It's useful to have a few.

longtallsally05
05-05-2010, 02:43 AM
2 but we only use 1. I bought a new Skip Hop Duo for DC #2 and kept the Skip Hop Dash from DC #1 as a back up, but I literally have never used any diaper bag other than the Duo this time around. I ought to get rid of the Dash b/c it just takes up space in the closet.

When DC #1 turned 2, I just bought a leather purse/tote bag large enough to handle a few diapers and some wipes; I call it my "Mom Purse". For travel, I just supplement the Duo diaper bag with my LL Bean Turbo backpack as a carry-on (throw in a couple gallon-size ziploc bags containing diapers, wipes & disposable changing pads). The drop-bottom on the back pack is excellent for putting extra changes of clothing for travel emergencies (puke, spills, missed flights etc). You never know what will happen during travel (volcanic eruption, anyone?), and there is no way a diaper bag is going to handle everything you need for a 24-hr journey.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-05-2010, 07:13 AM
i just have 2, but really only use 1

i have an Eddie Bauer mini diaper bag that we got off our registry. it's a lot smaller than most, but i hate big diaper bags, so this is the smallest it gets. it has an insulated bottle compartment, which is really nice for when we go somewhere were NIP would be difficult

this other one we just used about 3 or 4 times. used mainly for all-day trips/travel
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Care-Bear-B-is-for-Baseball-Diaper-Bag/8340032

i BF so usually don't need to carry bottles, and we CD (prefolds) and DS very rarely complains when he is wet (can go 3 hrs between changes) so we rarely have to change him when we go out.

i'm really into handbags so i had thouht to use one of my canvas LV's as a diaper bag, but for me it was just easier to have my purse separate from a diaper bag. also, i usually leave the diaper bag in the car anyway since i rarely need it.

lizzywednesday
05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Hmmm....are we counting actual diaper bags or non-diaper bags that we use as diaper bags? If its just actual diaper bags (my kids are 1 and 3.5, so I'm starting to transition away from diaper bags and into using mommy friendly purses now), then I have a JJB MiniBe and BeLight (and want a Mighty Be, though not necessarily for a diaper bag), Fleurville leather Luxe, Lexie Barnes Darling, Baby Star Tote, and Fleurville Lark (though its my church tote, not a diaper bag). I also have several mommy friendly purses (LSS, Everyday Deluxe, Haiku To-Go, VB Cargo Sling). What can I saw, I like bags :) After joining the babybags yahoo group and the JJB Pink Room, I went a bit crazy buying and trying, so my list of bags I've tried and sold is crazy long!

I use a large canvas purse/tote I saw at Target when DD was 2 weeks old. I bought a separate changing pad/diaper roll thingie that just fits inside the zippered pocket. So far it's great, but I'm also considering a LE totebag to have more room as she grows. I see no point in buying a diaper bag that's specifically a diaper bag at this point ... am I out of my mind or just a minimalist?

mom2baileys
05-06-2010, 02:14 AM
When I first found out I was pregnant I bought a carter's bag because it came with lots of extras and was a black bag with a great lime green interior. Since then I learned of the baby bags group so I've recently added an OiOi tote, FV sling striped tote in great summer colors, and a black Baby Kaed Sheri. Now there's a Mia Bossi calling my name, but I'm trying to resist since DS isn't even here yet. I'm just trying to cover my bases with all different types of bags so I can see what I really like.

mecawa
05-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I have 4.
-free one that I got at the hospital when I had my first (that stays in the car)
- LE Little Tripper (bought for DD1 and used it every day, but no longer use it, sits in the closet)
- Coach Diaper Bag (used every day for the first year of life, came every where with me)
-Vera Bradley back pack that I turned into a diaper bag (use with SKip hop Pronto) good for the toddler years when you start to need less.

kijip
05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
With my older son a lot of different ones. With my younger son?

None.

I bought one use but it became the computer/work bag and really I just grab 2-3 diapers, a pack of wipes and a small wet bag (we do cloth) and toss them in whatever thing I need to carry that day- a shopping sack, my backpack, my purse or just throw them in the car.

swissair81
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't get formula diaper bags in the hospital because I breastfeed? My hospital gives out 'baby presents' instead. I got a halo sleepsack swaddler when my son was born. I was so excited that I got something I could use.

hillview
05-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I voted 2. We have 2 (land's end little tripper and a skip hop single one). I also had 2 from Land's end that were for airplane trips only.
/hillary

lizzywednesday
05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't get formula diaper bags in the hospital because I breastfeed? My hospital gives out 'baby presents' instead. I got a halo sleepsack swaddler when my son was born. I was so excited that I got something I could use.

Nope.

I didn't get any baby stuff from our hospital, but our situation was probably a lot different from other folks' (DD was born at a specialized hospital because of a heart defect) so I wouldn't know if this is standard.

I did end up with a lovely bathrobe (which I needed) and photo frame (which I will likely take to the office with me the next time I go.)

edurnemk
05-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I voted 3, because that's what I currently have. But I had a fourth one I gave away. And one I have now was a replacement for one that tore around the zipper (replaced by manufacturer, so it doesn't count, right?). I'm sometimes tempted to buy another when I see a cute one, but I've learned to restrain myself somewhat.

Swimfreak78
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Love our LL Bean diaper bag! 2 years and going like a champ.