PDA

View Full Version : birthday invite on facebook?

salsah
03-28-2010, 10:34 PM
i mentioned this in another thread but it was out of context so i thought i would start another thread to ask, is it normal now to invite people to parties using facebook? i'm not on facebook so i still use evite, email, and even the phone --talking, not texting. just curious, how common is it and does it matter what type of party?

g-mama
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't know that I'd say it was the norm, but I wouldn't find it unusual. I do a lot more communicating on FB than I do on e-mail now, so if all the invitees were on FB, I can see just sending a group e-mail about the party. Especially if it were a casual or last-minute party where there wasn't time to mail out invitations.

SnuggleBuggles
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't know that I'd say it was the norm, but I wouldn't find it unusual. I do a lot more communicating on FB than I do on e-mail now, so if all the invitees were on FB, I can see just sending a group e-mail about the party. Especially if it were a casual or last-minute party where there wasn't time to mail out invitations.

:yeahthat:

Me? I'd still send invites through the mail or hand deliver, especially for a kid party. I know I missed out on a party invite because I didn't see the message on FB. I think that it only works for some social groups and the host should know her audience.

Beth

TwinFoxes
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM

I agree with this, but only for an adult party. For a kid party I would find it a little odd. I use FB a fair amount.

ahrimie
03-29-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't know that I'd say it was the norm, but I wouldn't find it unusual.

:yeahthat: But it'd just depend on who you are inviting and if they use FB a lot.