PDA

View Full Version : Si

sun
03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I've been lurking on this board for several weeks while trying to choose a stroller. I want to thank everyone for the valuable information. I ended up choosing a Peg Perego Si. Albee had a 2009 on sale for 159.99 (still available). I ordered through diapers website with price match. My son and I absolutely love it! I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

hehateme
03-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Did you consider any other light weight strollers?
What made you choose Si over them?
Si weighs nearly 16.5 lbs. This is my only concern about them.
I am in the market for a travel stroller for my trip next month.
I was leaning towards UppaBaby G-Luxe but Si and Macleran Triumph also seem to be very popular.
It want the stroller to be reliable, have space for a daiper bag and light.
I am hoping that you will tell me why you chose Si to make my decision easier.

TwoBees
03-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I'd love to hear about your experiences too. I'm thinking of getting the Si also as a second (er, third until DC is out of the infant set with Mac easy traveller) stroller.

sun
03-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I looked at many strollers, almost enough to make my head spin! The heaviest contender for me was the Mac Triumph. I have friends that really love it, and it seemed to be a very sturdy stroller. I liked the high weight capacity (55 lbs). It steered very well, weighed very little (11 lbs?), and had a nice carry strap. However, I wasn't impressed with the canopy; it seemed small. The seat really didn't look that comfortable for my little guy. The basket was also small, and I'm not sure how anyone gets anything into it. I didn't really care for the folding action, either.

I did look some at the Uppa Baby G-lux, too. If you're tall, it may be a good option. However, I'm just over 5 ft, and the handles would have been too high for me. Also, I should say I never got to see it in person. I relied on reviews on-line.

I was drawn to the look of the Baby Jogger Micro and the folding action, but it seemed to lack so many other things. I thought about the Mini but didn't feel like I needed that much stroller. Mini was also wider than Si. I wanted something narrower for shopping. Again, no one around here carried it in stores.

So, here's what I liked so much about the Si, which I did get to test drive before buying:

-huge canopy, which will completely fold down over child, if needed (check baby gizmo video--so helpful). Much nicer than the Mac's. Peek-a-boo window and little pouch for cell phone, keys, etc is on the Si. Also, has cup holder on side. Works well for water bottle but I haven't tried anything else.

-it's so easy to fold and stands upright by itself. Mac didn't stand up.

-wheels are nice, seemed better than the Mac's, maybe bigger, too? but not huge

-seat appears very comfy for little one, has more back stability and cushion. Mac was lacking this IMO. Also has little comfort pads on the straps. Nice buckle system.

-seat has elevated little leg rest (goes down, too), which is great for my 7 mo old. Mac didn't have this, either.

-Really nice deep recline for naps; Mac only had slight recline in comparison. You do have to use 2 hands to do the recline, which some reviewers didn't like. I don't mind it at all. I actually prefer this to the Mac's adjustment which is only a strap, clasp type mechanism.

-nice big basket, which is also accessible. I've heard the 2010 model's basket will hold more weight and not drag on ground w/something heavy. I haven't had any trouble w/the basket on the 09. In fact, my 16 lb cat climbed in there, got comfy, and didn't drag at all. Oh, should mention the booklet says basket can hold up to 11 lbs, which I saw after the whole cat thing.

-it fit me better b/c handles are comfortable height for me at lowest setting. It has 3, which is nice for taller people.

-it's a nice looking stroller, and I liked the colors available. Papaia looks a little more orange-yellow online but is really more like a sweet potato color.

Ok, here are the only negatives:

-it is bigger than the Mac Triumph and heavier but not so much that I couldn't lift to put in car. I think it's 16 lbs

-no carry strap which makes sense b/c it would be too heavy for the shoulder

-45 lb capacity, which is good but not as great as the Mac

-honestly, the Mac seemed to have slightly smoother drive

-I'm not crazy about the little black net sun-thing on the canopy, but it will tuck up inside main canopy.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck!

sun
03-30-2010, 11:45 PM
TwoBees forgot to mention that the Si will accept an infant seat such as Graco Snugride The little attachment straps are included as well as raincover. I haven't tried either of these, though.

sun
03-30-2010, 11:47 PM
I wrote about my stroller shopping experience, but maybe too long? I had a window say it needed to be reviewed by administrator before posted? Hopefully, it will be approved. If not, I'll try again.

goldenpig
03-31-2010, 12:46 AM
What I like about the Si:
easy to fold and unfold
stands upright when folded
huge canopy
decent size basket
accepts infant car seat (straps included)
removable bumper bar
pushes well/smooth ride/large tires for umbrella stroller
adjustable handles
legrest and recline
nice color (I have the orange)
not tippy like Maclarens (can hang a diaper bag off the back without the stroller tipping when DD gets out--this is huge!)

What I don't like:
no snack tray or parent console
at 16 lb, not the lightest umbrella stroller ever (but it's still pretty light and it has more features than the lightest strollers so it's worth it to me)

I thought about Maclaren Quest or UppaBaby G-luxe, but pretty much decided the Si had the best combination of features. I'm very happy with mine.

It gets good reviews too (these are for the 2009 with no bumper bar):
http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/peg-perego-si-review.html
http://www.babygizmo.com/media/video_pegperegosi.php

Suzanne74
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
The other thing I noted is the Si has paddng on the side of seat so if you little one slumps over or you maneuver too quickly and their head rocks, it won't hit just fabric and metal. It is great for kids who prefer to sleep upright.

The fold is what won me over. You can not fold a Maclaren and hold a baby at the same time. I really wanted that.

sunshine873
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
I have to agree with the other reviews about the Si. It really is a good lightweight, all-around stroller. It is a little bit heavier than the Mac, but it's really not cumbersome. I think the added features make it worth the difference. It doesn't have a shoulder strap, but does have a hand strap to carry it by. That works fine for me. The driving factors for me were: good sunshade, accessible basket, good recline, comfortable seat and the fact that you can attach a carseat. I'd recommend the Si.