PDA

View Full Version : AT double for big kids (and big canopies!)

luv2hike
03-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Ladies, 2 years ago you directed me to the PERFECT stroller -- BJCM. Love love love it!

Now our family has expanded, and we have a 2.5 and a 0.5 - ha. I need an AT stroller for power walking on un-even sidewalks, trails, parks. Willing to spend $$$ as this will be my daily exercise instead of joining a gym.

The BOB Rev. is awesome but too small -- my 2.5 yo barely has room to grow. What AT strollers out there accommodate larger kids? Are they ALL 29" wide, so therefore all the same width...and height is the only difference?

Another MUST is a huge canopy -- as the baby often naps in the stroller. Do any other strollers have canopies as large as the BJCM?? That canopy ROCKS!

TIA for any advice -- I'm hoping you all can steer me in the right direction this time, too!

--Deborah

pastrygirl
03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't have one, but the full-size Baby Joggers (Elite, Classic) are supposedly very tall and have awesome canopies. :)

I sold my BOB when my son was around 2.5, because he was too tall for it.

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Check out the Baby Jogger City Classic Double, the Baby Jogger City Elite Double and the Valco Twin Trimode EX. They all have tall seatbacks that accommodate tall kids and have large separate canopies. The BJCCD was just discontinued so you may find a good deal on one.

Carrots
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Deleted post. I meant to make my own thread unstead of replying to this thread. Sorry!

sweetsoul99
03-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe baby jogger wins hands down for all the requirements listed. Classic or elite would work great!

happyturtles
03-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I love my Valco Twin tri-mode!! The Valco and Baby Jogger have the higher seatbacks. The Valco is 28" wide, very nimble, the fabric breathes well, and the current EX models have the expandable canopy that the canopies are also very large.

The Valco also has the aluminum foot plate that the mom can sit on to rest, which I do when I take my girls to the park.

The basket is very similar on the Valco and BJCCD/BJCED. And both brands have the toddler seat and rider board options.

I had a BJCCD also, and I chose the Valco because I felt the Valco pushed better, and felt sturdier. Both strollers have a good resale value too.

arivecchi
03-31-2010, 09:35 AM
I have both too (although I have the single Valco). They both push great, but I feel like the BJCCD is lighter in general so perhaps a tad easier to push than a Valco Twin. However, the Valco is a tank. The stroller is indestructible. GREAT quality!

happyturtles
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
I actually weighed both the Valco and BJCCD and both came out to 41 lbs. However, the fold on the BJCCD/BJCED can not be beat. Then again, I didnt' like how the fabric that my DDs sat on was exposed when folded.

lorinick
03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
I believe baby jogger wins hands down for all the requirements listed. Classic or elite would work great!

:yeahthat: