PDA

View Full Version : Space Saver High Chair

Andi98989
03-29-2010, 10:08 AM
My mom watches DS for us during the day and has been using his Bumbo as a make-shift high chair for feeding him his cereal. He's sitting up really well now and we've been using his high chair at home. He does great in it. I want to get her a space saver type of high chair to use at her house. Any recommendations?

I was looking at the FP Space Saver (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3867646) ($55 at BRU) when I saw the FP Deluxe Booster (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553506) ($28 at BRU). Does the Space Saver have some great features that make it that much better than the Deluxe Booster? It looks like the Space Saver as the harness like a regular high chair; does the Deluxe Booster have anything?

vonfirmath
03-29-2010, 10:37 AM
We have both high chairs (don't use the Space Saver anymore cause son is 2.5)

The Space Saver has a MUCH bigger tray. The Deluxe... is serviceable if you have to. But I MUCH preferred to use the Space Saver at home until I was putting him up to the table and letting him eat at the table

Oh the space SAver also has more recline options, etc. I would not put a 5 month old in the Deluxe Booster. It doesn't have the support. The Deluxe Booster has a 3-pt harness that goes across the lap. The Space SAver has harnesses more like a car seat. Shoulders, down the chest, everything (though I stopped using the harness before I stopped using the seat)

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
For daily use and for a kiddo that age, I'd get the Space Saver. We have those at grandma's. They are nice because they are very padded and recline a bit for younger babies.

wellyes
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
The Space Saver is essentially a full-feature high chair without a bottom half - you attach it to a kitchen chair. We've had that as our highchair for DD since she was about 6 months. For your DC's age I'd spend the money to get that one. It has a higher, padded back which is much more comfy.

The other one is more "throw it in your car for when you're off visiting someone". The alternative is a hook-on highchair (like this (http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Caddy-Hook-Chair-Red/dp/B000A7V1EM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1269873791&sr=8-3)) but those don't work on some tables (if the table has a "lip" or is made of glass, for example).

sunshine873
03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I have the Deluxe Booster and love it, so I may be biased. ;) The part that looks nice about the Space Saver is the padded seat. But that would be a nightmare for my DD. She is a messy, messy eater and it would be a pain to have to clean inside those creases after every meal. The Deluxe Booster is super-easy to wipe down. Plus, I like that it's a little smaller. We never had a regular high-chair. We went from the Bumbo to the Deluxe Booster somewhere around 9 or 10 months (so about 6 months adjusted.)

Both look like good options, but I really have to place my vote for the ease and portability of the Deluxe Booster.

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 10:59 AM
We have the FP booster one as well. I would not have used that for a 5 month old baby. As wellyes said, it is our eating out/travel option. While I do love it a bunch, I would not like it for daily use for a baby that young. JMHO. Good luck OP!

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Both look like good options, but I really have to place my vote for the ease and portability of the Deluxe Booster. In terms of portability, the FP booster wins hands down.

willow33
03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
We have FP space saver and love it! DD is very comfortable in it and I think it cleans really easily. I'm so glad we got rid out our full highchair and got this instead.

Andi98989
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks! FP SpaceSaver it is!