PDA

View Full Version : New Tires Suggestions for 2005 Honda Odyssey

Kungjo
03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I need 4 new tires for my 05 Odyssey. I've got a nail puncture in 1 tire that can't be repaired and is slowly leaking air and 3 that are getting worn. I have Michelin tires right now, but its seems that we replace them pretty frequently. What do you have on your vehicle right now and would you recommend them?

We always went with the Michelins since they came with the vehicle, but is there a better alternative out there that is more affordable? Buying 4 tires is quite expensive these days. I'll go with them if that's that best bet, but is there something else out there that is just as good?

Thanks!

Tanya
03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a 2003 Odyssey and replaced mine awhile back (maybe a year ago?). I just called up a few places with what size tires I had on the van and how many miles they had and said I wanted something as good or better. Costco came in the cheapest for me and they were Michelins. It's hard to compare exact models because each place carries different ones.

Of course, you could be like my hubby and go for an oil change and decide on the spot to get new tires and not check around or take any coupons with you...and later get yelled at by your spouse.

newnana
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I highly recommend the tire recommendations and reviews at tire rack. You can pick your make/model/year and what conditions you drive in here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TRSelectAutoMakeAndYear.jsp

bubbaray
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
The 2005 Ody has pretty limited choices in tires. I went with the Toyo Versado. WAAAAAY better than the Michelins that come with the Ody. Way better. I believe they have a slightly different name in the US, but that the tire is sold there. They are an M&S rated all-season tire. I really like them.

HTH

KrisM
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM
I highly recommend the tire recommendations and reviews at tire rack. You can pick your make/model/year and what conditions you drive in here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TRSelectAutoMakeAndYear.jsp

I agree with this site. I had a Ford Probe years ago and went with this site's info and found tires with much less road noise than what came with the car. A vast improvement, IMO.