PDA

View Full Version : BJCED - This seems like a good deal. Should I jump on it?

Carrots
03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...-in-black.html

I don't care if it is all black. I like the price and need a double to take for walks with DD2 arriving in July. My SIL had the BJCE single and it is great.

Thanks,
Kristen

jacksmoma
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
i've had two of them- and while they are nice, they are quite huge and super heavy (almost 50 lbs) so if you never plan to lift it, it may be a good choice! i much rather have the bjcmd for an only double...

Carrots
03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
i've had two of them- and while they are nice, they are quite huge and super heavy (almost 50 lbs) so if you never plan to lift it, it may be a good choice! i much rather have the bjcmd for an only double...

This is good advice! Thanks! I test drove one today, but didn't pick it up because I had read about how heavy they were. Add being pregnant with an already aching back, I decided not to chance it. :)

The only problem is that I live in MA in a city with lots of cobblestone and brick sidewalks. I have a Zooper Boogie single right now (I LOVE IT) and it handles the roads and sidewalks like a dream. I was kind of looking for a stroller similar to the Boogie, but in a double.

jacksmoma
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
ahhh if you HAVE to have a double with air tires get the bumbleride indie twin- it's SO much smaller than the bjced and much shorter too. you'd be surprised tho how well the mini's handly bumpy roads, i feel the trade off for such a light easy to manage double surpasses the small con of not being quite as smooth as an all terrian...and i've had them all! double joggers are just so much heavier than a single jogger. gl!

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I love my BJCCD. I rarely take it in my car so weight is not an issue for me. I love that the seatbacks are very tall (most doubles - expect the Valco Twin Trimode - have shorter seatbacks) and the separate canopies are huge. I don't really feel the weight when pushing it as long as the tires are well inflated. As soon as it starts getting heavier, I inflate the tires. :)

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I use my BJCED as my daily stroller. It isn't a problem (when you aren't pg) to lift it in/out of the back of a car. Really. The longevity of it for when your DC are older, taller, etc. can't be beat. The fold, features, push, seatbacks, etc. are superior. The black is nice, and it was my first choice when I could've had any color. It is a stroller decision I made 2.5 years ago and have been happy with for a long time. When I was pg with #3 and was trying to wrestle my 1yo and 2yo and my belly to run errands, it got heavy, so DH worked a deal with a friend and we got a BJCMD for free. That's a fun stroller, but as soon as DS2 was born and I was cleared to lift stuff again, I put the Elite back into my car. It really makes things more comfy for all of us on our outings.

When I have a zillion errands to run, there are some days I think of using the mini instead, but I don't bother getting it. Last Monday, the BJCED went in/out of the car 5x and carted 3 DC around comfortably. I also keep an Ergo and a Triumph in the car also for quick errands or tight spaces.

Carrots
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your help.

I am really uncomfortable paying 600.00+ on a stroller. When I saw the black one for 430.00, I felt much better. Do you think that is a good price for this stroller?

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM

I am really uncomfortable paying 600.00+ on a stroller. When I saw the black one for 430.00, I felt much better. Do you think that is a good price for this stroller? Yep! You can also call diapers.com and ask that they do a price match if they have the BJCED in stock and then you can get an additional 10% off if you are a first time customer. I got my BJCCD (which is not as nice) for $375 and I think a BJCED for that price is a good deal.

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM

I am really uncomfortable paying 600.00+ on a stroller. When I saw the black one for 430.00, I felt much better. Do you think that is a good price for this stroller? Yes. That's about what I paid for mine (maybe a tiny bit more) but I paid 10% over invoice plus sales tax from my friend's shop, when the model was brand new. For the warranty, the parent console and all the niceness of it, I think it is a great deal. The classic is cheaper if you can find them, but then you have to find a console to go on it, etc, and the canopies aren't as high, there aren't extendable leg rests, seatback storage, magnet flaps, beefier tires, vented canopies, etc.

arivecchi
03-29-2010, 08:17 PM
You could also try to have an online store with free shipping do a price match to this BJCCD:

http://www.buy.com/prod/baby-jogger-city-classic-double-stroller-black-stone/q/listingid/73203403/loc/20269/210382595.html

the2bobs
04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I just called Diapers.com to get a price match of this stroller and they did it---they were selling it for $649.99 and Albeebaby.com had it for $429.99. They put the $220 credit in my account, then I went through Bing.com for the cashback. Thanks for the tip, I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow! This is a great deal, none of the stores in my area even have this stroller in stock or on the floor.

arivecchi
04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I just called Diapers.com to get a price match of this stroller and they did it---they were selling it for $649.99 and Albeebaby.com had it for $429.99. They put the $220 credit in my account, then I went through Bing.com for the cashback. Thanks for the tip, I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow! This is a great deal, none of the stores in my area even have this stroller in stock or on the floor.:cheerleader1: Woohoo! I am so glad this worked for you. Diapers.com rocks!

jgenie
04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I just called Diapers.com to get a price match of this stroller and they did it---they were selling it for $649.99 and Albeebaby.com had it for $429.99. They put the $220 credit in my account, then I went through Bing.com for the cashback. Thanks for the tip, I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow! This is a great deal, none of the stores in my area even have this stroller in stock or on the floor.

I"m not seeing this on Albeebaby for $429 - am I missing something?? TIA

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I"m not seeing this on Albeebaby for $429 - am I missing something?? TIA
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-elite-double-stroller-in-black.html