PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on the adjustable leg rest

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I am trying to decide if I want to add a Mac triumph or quest to our BJCM. I like that the triumph has various reclines and don't mind the need for two hands to change it. I also like the adjustable leg rest on the quest but I must admit as a first time mom with little kid experience I don't really know if I really "need" (sarcastic quotations) this feature or even when I would utilize it. My little guy is just 4 months old but I don't anticipate using this stroller until he gets a little older. Please enlighten me.

Suzanne74
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I like the foot rest because little ones who can't reach a footrest don't have their legs dangling. It is nice when they recline for naps too and great if you have to use it for a quick diaper change. I would get the triump for an 18mo or older. Otherwise I would get the quest. I also like the peek-aboo winow and pocket on the canopy on the quest.

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Why another stroller of the same type? Both of those are in the lightweight category. Do you have anything with air tires? I would think an Elite with leg rests would be a better choice for a second stroller. When you're walking outside, the air tires provide a much better ride and push than the Macs or the Mini (I have one of all of them :) in some form.)

jacksmoma
03-29-2010, 10:42 PM
had one on my bjced and none of my bjcm and my little one (now 10 months) seems to actually like NOT having it on the bjcm- she likes to swing her little legs about and it allows her to pull herself up to sit up straight which is harder to do with your toes up in your face! i say it's not a big deal at all, more of a hassle to adjust the legrest up everytime you use it...

salsah
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
it is nice to have, not a necessity. i'm just not sure why you would want to have a mac and a bjcm. i'm sure there are situations where it makes sense. but for most people, one lightweight stroller is enough.
do you find yourself needing something smaller/lighter than the bjcm? do you specifically need an umbrella fold?

salsah
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
i forgot, isn't there also a difference in the degree of recline on the triumph and quest? the recline is more important (especially with a young baby) then the leg rest.

satchnbucky
03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
I love my triumph for my 11 month old. He does not mind not having a legrest at all. In fact, I think he prefers it. He naps fine in it as well. I looked at the reclines at the store and had a sales associate help me and did not see a noticeable difference in the amount of recline btw the triumph and the quest (someone can correct me here if I'm wrong). You can adjust the recline on the triumph using the strap, it's just a bit trickier, so I just use all or nothing. I found that the quest didn't have anything I needed for the extra $$$. But every baby is different... HTH!

ETA - I am thinking about getting a BJCM as well. The triumph is awesome for trips to the store/mall etc, but the sunshade isn't great and on rougher surfaces, I think the BJCM has better wheels. I think if you have a BJCM, the triumph is a great car/mall/travel stroller!