PDA

View Full Version : JJB for Cloth diapering

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Does anyone cloth diaper and use a JJB?

I am considering the be right back but I've been reading (on this board) how heavy and super large it is. It may not be right for everyday outings but I love that I can change my son without having to open a large main compartment. An alternative I am considering is the packabe. Does anyone use these bags with cloth diapers? Reviews? Accessory recommendations?

cndnveggie
03-30-2010, 02:17 AM
I think it depends on how much you want to carry. I used a Between and CD'd, but I didn't start using the Between until DS was about 1.5, so I was probably carrying different things than you are. I packed 2 BG AIOs, a few JJB mess shuttles (for wet bags), soft wipes case, change of clothes, and then snacks, water, maybe a few toys. I actually have some good packing pics in the Pink Room, I'm assuming I can link it here: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=44698&p=276958&#p276958 (you might have to scroll down a bit until you see my pics, under same username)

If you need more room, the Packabe might be a good option. I'm not a fan - I don't like deep bags. But I know many people who CD use it and love it. I do LOVE the BRB, because it is so organized - it was great for all-day outings for me. I put several CDs in the bottom compartment with all the diaper changing stuff, and had all the other stuff we needed in the top compartment - and I had easy access to both, without having to empty the bag. But it would have been too big for me for regular outings. I actually think the Between and BRB are an awesome combo, good for everyday outings and all-day outings! And also fantastic for travelling!

If you do go with a Packabe, I'd recommend buying some Be Quicks to help organize the inside, so that it's easier to get what you want quickly.

HTH!

septmama2b
03-30-2010, 07:57 AM
I cloth diaper two, but will admit we take sposies about half the time too. My son's are 15 months and 3 months, and my packabe is my everyday bag. I was afraid the BRB would be too big even though the pockets sounded good. I keep a couple of small zip up bags inside for organization, I don't have the cute ones from JJB (YET). I regularly pack a change of clothes for the little one, snacks and toys, a small wet bag, 2 BG aio's, 2 sposies, wipes, a water bottle, a make up bag, cell phone, sunglasses, a zip bag of various baby stuff, and can fit my carrier on top.

I'd love to get a BRB for travel and all day outings, I'm using a SK Duo Double right now and it works great.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks you your input. I'm just starting to become familiar with "the pink room" so I think I'll be able to look at some great examples.

I'm still unsure about what will be best. I do know that I want a backpack though. I am kind of a heavy packer since I usually take books along with me but that will probably end when I get my Kindle. I usually pack a change of cloths, a blanket, nursing wrap, some toys, my water bottle, keys, wow and a bunch more (I'm looking at my bag right now). I also do a combo of sposies and cloth if I'm going out for brief outings (2 HH's pockets and 2 sposies) since there is a god chance I'll never have to use the sposies and don't want to pack bulky cloth I won't use. For all day outings I like to pack a full day of cloth so I end up taking 2 bags.

I like the idea of the packabe with smaller bags but I also like the idea of having all my dirty diaper stuff at the bottom of the BRB. I may have to start lobbying for both bags. *sigh*

cndnveggie
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Here's a link to pictures of my BRB, packed up for a day-trip to Legoland - maybe it will be helpful: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=44699&p=276945#p276945

Honestly, I don't consider the BRB to be a huge bag, and I don't think it holds much more than the Packabe. The Packabe is VERY stuffable! However, I love the organization of the BRB, and it's much more comfortable to carry.

Definitely check out the PR - they will help you decide :)

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I am leaning toward the BRB but I'm having a bit of trouble navigating the pink room.

cndnveggie: I'd LOVE to see a BRB in action but the link above doesn't seem to be working:crying:

cndnveggie
03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
The Pink Room is having major errors right now, so keep checking back. It's not your computer or the links, it's their server - they're trying to fix it, but it's slow going! I'll try to remember to post here if it starts working reliably again :)

cndnveggie
03-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Try the PR now, it seems to be working okay again...

AnnieW625
03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
I am going to cloth diaper and I bought a Be Spicy. I liked that it was bigger than the Between, but not as large as the BRB or the Be Prepared. Now for occaisions where we are out all day and I still want to bring cloth diapers with us we will just use my classic Eddie Bauer backpack.

Armywife1stDr2nd
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
cndnveggie- after looking at the link I agree with you. It doesn't seem that big and I LOVE it! I am a complete type A organization freak so I think I'm going to adore it. I also bought some accessories because I just couldn't resist. I got a new wallet (that I needed anyway ;)) a be mine and a paci pod. In the future I could see getting more JJB bags but for now I'm just going to see how I like this on and the little extras. I use my VB diaper bag for my quick trips (so you see I'm a huge over packer) but I'll be using this for my all days trips. I can't wait to get it!

AnnieW625
04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
So what print did you get?

Armywife1stDr2nd
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Let's see ...

Be right back: Perky Perennials

Be Mine: Zany Zinnias

Be Rich: Zany Zinnias

Business Be: Zany Zinnias

Paci Pod: Dizzy Daisies

How Are you liking you JJB? Are you using it yet or waiting for your new little one to arrive? Are you addicted? If I like this order I'm afraid I may have to get some more.

AnnieW625
04-02-2010, 04:48 PM
How Are you liking you JJB? Are you using it yet or waiting for your new little one to arrive? Are you addicted? If I like this order I'm afraid I may have to get some more.

I haven't it yet, but it will be my hospital bag too so that will most likely be the first time I will use it. I am thinking of getting the black checkbook cover (DH sometimes does use the checkbook; however the Lotus Lullaby checkbook cover would be nice too and go with most of the other purses I use!), and the paci pod in either black or the Lotus Lullaby to match the bag. I also really like the BeLight bag in Sangria Sunset, and also in the Midnight Eclipse. I did get a little credit card/coin purse in Zanny Zinnias as a GWP at the trunk show I went to a few weeks back. Very cute print.

If you don't want temptations stay out of the Pink Room!

Armywife1stDr2nd
04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Too Late! I have found the pink room BUT I am finding it somewhat hard to get around. I'll keep at it though and I'm sure it will become a great past time for me.

Sounds like you'll be getting some more bits and pieces too;)

vahnessuh
04-02-2010, 09:26 PM
You are going to be addicted to the JJBs! I don't know why but those bags are like drugs, man!

cndnveggie
04-03-2010, 02:10 AM
cndnveggie- after looking at the link I agree with you. It doesn't seem that big and I LOVE it! I am a complete type A organization freak so I think I'm going to adore it. I also bought some accessories because I just couldn't resist. I got a new wallet (that I needed anyway ;)) a be mine and a paci pod. In the future I could see getting more JJB bags but for now I'm just going to see how I like this on and the little extras. I use my VB diaper bag for my quick trips (so you see I'm a huge over packer) but I'll be using this for my all days trips. I can't wait to get it!

Yay, glad the photos were helpful! Honestly, the BRB is the only JJB I have that's permastash (you know, a bag you'll never sell ;)), I just love it so much!

Great choice on the Perky BRB and all the accessories - that's a nice little start! I love my Be Rich - awesome wallet!

Hope you keep checking out the PR - I'm there ALL the time, so I'm happy to help make it more user friendly if I can :)

Armywife1stDr2nd
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks! I am so happy I found this board and I'm sure I'll love that board too.:grouphug: