PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snap n Go or BT Snap and Go

Chryz
03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Which one do you like better?

Suzanne74
03-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I have a Snugride 32 and a Graco Snap N Go and it has been great these past 7 months. I tried out the Maclaren, baby trend and kolcraft and the Graco won easily. I like the quick snap and 2 quick switches as opposed to strapping down the carseat like some of them. That was time consuming. Plus Graco had the most accessible basket with the carseat in place. Only downside is the cupholders are shallow.

Jelly Bean
03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Neither! Maclaren Easy Traveller all the way IMO. I tried all the options but Maclaren won out for weight, steering and umbrella fold. Was a tremendous plus for traveling. And the handle height was higher for DH.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-30-2010, 11:06 AM
i have a Snugride 32 and Graco Snugrider (Graco's version of Snap N Go). I love it, VERY easy to use, super lightweight. So glad i decided to get that instead of a bulky travel system. We have been using our snugrider multiple times a day (we take DS everywhere, plus i take him on walks in the neighborhood). and there's always plenty of room in the basket for diaper bag, shopping bags etc.

my SIL has the Baby Trend Snap N Go and although i've never used it, i don't think i'd like it as much, i dont' like the idea of having to strap down the carseat.

jacksmoma
03-30-2010, 12:47 PM
wish i had done the snugrider instead of my bjcm and adaptor- looks so light and compact, great for c-section recovery!!

latully
03-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Love the Graco!!

wellyes
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I think they're essentially the same, so get whichever one is cheaper. I had a hand-me-down BabyTrend, I think I was the 3rd owner. Never a problem with it. Truly I love the Snap and Go --- easy to use, light --- more than my more expensive and "better" strollers (Uppababy Vista, Maclaren Quest, Ingensina Zippy).

citymama
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Loooove the Snugrider! We had an old Kolcraft Universal that I just gave away for free and snapped up a Snugrider on craigslist for $15 instead. We had borrowed the Snugrider from a friend for a trip we took with DD1 and it was so so easy with our Graco Snugride car seat. Much easier than dealing with all the straps and adapters with the Kolcraft or other generic brand stroller frames. If you have a Snugride car seat, definitely get the Snugrider.

hellokitty
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
BT, b/c it's cheaper and when you sell it, it is much more compatible with so many carseats. I have had a kolcraft and BT SNG and been happy with both. The graco one is just IMO waaay too expensive and so was the mac.

Suzanne74
03-30-2010, 03:11 PM
The Graco is actually $5 cheaper then the BT on Amazon right now.

Also, if you get a Snugride 32 or 35 (highly recommend for longevity) it only fits really well in the Graco snap n go. The smaller Snugrides do fit in all the frames though.

The Maclaren is more expensive and you get very little. It is a PIA to put the carseat on each time and it did not feel very secure to me. It is almost impossible to reach the basket in the Maclaren with the carseat on. The only way I would recommend it is if you live in the city and the compact fold is the highest of priorites.

citymama
03-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Definitely keep your eye on CL or mom's lists in your town, because you can get the stroller frames (any of them) for 25-50% of full price - I just got the SR for $15.

oceana
03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
The Maclaren is more expensive and you get very little. It is a PIA to put the carseat on each time and it did not feel very secure to me. It is almost impossible to reach the basket in the Maclaren with the carseat on. The only way I would recommend it is if you live in the city and the compact fold is the highest of priorites.

Maclaren has to be appropriately set up for your car seat. It accepts all major brands of car seats, but the bars that are holding the seat (or where it snaps), can be adjusted to different heights (you'll see letters on the mac frame: abcd). You need to consult a manual or call mac customer service to find out what is correct position of the bars for your car seat. Basket is huge, and easily accessible from the front. Actually, when I was done with the infant seat, I used mac frame quite a lot as pure shopping cart (when I went grocery shopping w/o kids, and we didn't have the car). I read on epinions, that some people bought mac frame instead of shopping cart!

I was very happy with the mac frame, my only criticism would be its price. It should cost less when bought new. That's why used ones on CL or ebay are also more expensive than the competitors.
Also, mac has the tiniest fold of all car seat frames.

If you don't want the Mac, then I'd recommend graco. Sturdy, good basket, and can be found cheaply on CL. Sometimes, the bar handle gets frayed/torn (I've seen several floor models and used frames with quite beaten up bar handle, while the rest of the stroller was fine). I guess it's hit or miss.

sunshine873
03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I hated my baby trend. Ugh. It steered like a tank. Don't know if I just had a faulty one, but it was awful. I loved the convenience and how it was lightweight, but after a few months, that couldn't make up for the horrible steering. It's stored in our basement, but I don't know why. I wouldn't use it again anyway.

hellokitty
03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
The Graco is actually $5 cheaper then the BT on Amazon right now.

I'm sorry, I meant a used one. Bought mine for $20 and it was like new. These frames are used for what, maybe about 6-8 mo? IMO, regardless of brand, it's not really worth it to buy a new one.

lhafer
03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I have a Graco snugride 35 and the Graco Snugrider frame. Love them both!

I wanted the Graco over the BT (which I could have gotten on CL cheap, as there are a ton of them) because:

1. It's made to go with my car seat
2. It has an adjustable handle bar, so if hubby is taller, it's not an issue
3. The basket is a lot easier to get to, and it seems a little bigger than the BT
4. I didn't like the strap that I would have had to put over the car seat to strap in place.

A friend of mine had to get the BT because she has a Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat, and she loves it.

Really they are about the same, and you can't really go wrong with either one. If you have a BRU in your area, they usually carry both so you can test drive them down the isles.

sun
03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I have the Graco frame, which I really love. Won hands down for me over BT. I love, love, love it's huge, sturdy basket. I use it to shop and even grocery shop. My little one is outgrowing it though. Also, so very lightweight and easy to use!

GraceH
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Honestly, after looking at the prices of frames, we elected to spend a little more and get the Graco Mosaic (http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-mosaic-stroller-ogee-1761420.html) for our Graco infant seat (it has a compact fold, takes a car seat, and yet leaves you the option of an actual stroller if baby is awake and wants out of their seat (the frames can only be used with an infant seat), 2.5 years later, we haven't regretted the choice.
For a larger budget, you could also consider the Peg Perego Si (http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-2010-si-lightweight-stroller-in-nero.html), for similar reasons.

lareigna
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Just thought I'd chime in:

I have the Snugrider and so is not worth the price brand new. Defintely try to find one used if you are set on it. Also consider maybe purchasing a stroller that can be used as a frame, and use the toddler seat later on. I really did not like my Snugrider after a few months as it started squeaking like crazy. Mind you, it was only lightly used and kept in the car. I also really hated that after awhile the double wheels in the front kept sticking and I would have to go around and kick them to go straight. The Mosaic has the same wheels as the Snugrider.

If you are going to go the frame route, check out the Mac Easy Traveller. It's only about $10 more, pushes much better and smoother, and has an umbrella fold vs. the book fold of the SR. I checked this one out at BBB the other day and so wish I got that one instead.

HTH and GL!

Jelly Bean
04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Just thought I'd chime in:

I have the Snugrider and so is not worth the price brand new. Defintely try to find one used if you are set on it. Also consider maybe purchasing a stroller that can be used as a frame, and use the toddler seat later on. I really did not like my Snugrider after a few months as it started squeaking like crazy. Mind you, it was only lightly used and kept in the car. I also really hated that after awhile the double wheels in the front kept sticking and I would have to go around and kick them to go straight. The Mosaic has the same wheels as the Snugrider.

If you are going to go the frame route, check out the Mac Easy Traveller. It's only about $10 more, pushes much better and smoother, and has an umbrella fold vs. the book fold of the SR. I checked this one out at BBB the other day and so wish I got that one instead.

HTH and GL!

:yeahthat:

LOVE THE EASY TRAVELLER!!

Suzanne74
04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
The Graco Snap and Go is $55 and the Easy Traveler is $80. What store are they only a $10 difference? I agree with others, I would never pay full price, much less $80 for a frame you will only use for a few months.

I second getting the Si for your main stroller that can take a car seat. The fold on the Si actually is smaller then the Graco snap frame and it is only a few pounds more. I have never seen or tried the Mosaic but that sounds like an option too.

lareigna
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
PP:

BRU andBBB are selling the SR for $69.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266236
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14967931&

I stated that price because that is where I last saw it and where most people get their baby stuff. You can very likely get the Mac ET on sale as well or use a coupon to bring the price down.

Jelly Bean
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
The Graco Snap and Go is $55 and the Easy Traveler is $80. What store are they only a $10 difference? I agree with others, I would never pay full price, much less $80 for a frame you will only use for a few months.

I second getting the Si for your main stroller that can take a car seat. The fold on the Si actually is smaller then the Graco snap frame and it is only a few pounds more. I have never seen or tried the Mosaic but that sounds like an option too.

When I was registering at BBB last summer, the Graco was $70 and the Mac Easy Traveller was $80. Not sure if those are still the prices though.