PDA

View Full Version : Going between three swings! Help me decide!

Chryz
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Not in any particular order:
1. FP My Little Lamb™ Cradle ’n Swing-it only takes batteries
2.Graco sweetpeace™ infant soothing swing-battery and AC adapter (+)
3.FP Papasan Cradle Swing

Who has tried one or any of these? Which one should I choose? I'm a first time mother to be and would really appreciate some feedback.
I've read a lot of about the motors being too loud.

larig
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd get #2 for the plug option alone! we burned so many D batteries on the one we borrowed (not as bad as the crummy monitor we had, though).

michellerw
03-30-2010, 04:50 PM
We have the Nature's Touch Cradle Swing (another version of #3) and we (and DD) LOVE it. She sleeps in it for hours during the day and doesn't really nap in the pack n' play or bassinet. It's worked out well for us. In fact, we like it so much that we're looking at another FP swing with a smaller footprint for the upstairs at our house.

We got it from a friend and it came with the batteries. DD is almost 5 weeks... so far, so good with the batteries.

Indianamom2
03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Just to further confuse you, I'll vote for the only other one you mentioned!

We had the FP Little Lamb swing (just put it away a couple weeks ago) and loved it. I wanted a swing that plugged in, but this is the one we could get and it got a pretty heavy use over about 4 months time. I believe we only changed the batteries two time, three at the most.

Ds#2 loved it and I didn't have any problems with it.

wellyes
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
We had a papasan and it was the ONLY place DD slept for the first 5 months. It was heaven-sent.

My vote is to definitely get one that plugs in and definitely get one that swings side-to-side. Playing nature sounds (running water, chirping crickets, etc) is handy. We almost never used the lights or mobile.

sun
03-30-2010, 11:59 PM
We have the little lamb one. I think it's how I survived colic. Nice side to side motion but will also do front to back. Cover is completely washable and will go in dryer. My son loves the mirror and mobile. I do wish it plugged in though.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
#3. DD slept in it while not on, so we saved batteries. We had an over protective pit bull when DD was born that would try to stop the swing if it was going fast.She wouldn't leave her with it on, so often it was off, so no battery issues.

catpagmo
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I have to vote for the Little Lamb swing. My DS is 13 months old and still uses it sometimes. He loves the mirror (it was the deciding factor for me - the mirror). I've only replaced the batteries once, and we've had the swing since he was about 3-4 months old. If you are only using the swing, and don't turn on the mobile, or sounds all the time, then the batteries last a lot longer.

catroddick
03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
We love the Little Lamb swing. DD used it regularly- and I think we only changed the batteries once or twice.

larig
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
I should add that the battery thing was probably an issue with us because we were intense users of the swing. DS took almost all of his naps in it from birth to 6 months because he was able to breathe better in it (he had too much tissue in his throat that blocked his airways). It got 6-8 hours of use some days. Plus, after about 3 months he was a pretty big boy, thus required more energy to move the swing. I don't think the kind of swing would have mattered to much to us if we could have had the plug. We didn't have any of the ones you mentioned here, we had a different Graco (no plug) that the seat came off the hanger and was a bouncy seat. Anyway, DH and I commented many times how nice it would have been to have had a plug for our swing.

Claki
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
We love the Little Lamb. We only use it in the side-to-side motion setting. We don't use it a lot, but the times we do use it make it worth it. We have never changed the batteries, that I know of.

smiles33
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
I know you didn't list it, but we used the Fisher Price Rainforest swing with a plug. The best feature is that it has the plug, but it's otherwise the same as many others (both side-to-side and forward/back swing motion).

Since the entire seat cover can be washed, I just bought it used for $40 off CL. The motor wasn't too loud at all--if anything I occasionally noticed a slight squeaking from the legs/arm of the swing when it was on a high speed setting. I've even read from moms here that FP mailed new motors for those whose swings died prematurely.