PDA

View Full Version : Who owns the rumble seat for the Vista?

jesserina
03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a 2009 vista frame (2008 seat). My DD is 19 months and I am expecting #2 in 2 weeks and still haven't figured out if I should invest in the rumble seat or get a new double. I really have no budget for a new stroller but I would hate to invest in the rumble seat and other upgrades to the stroller (we need new wheels, etc) if it will not work for our situation.

I briefly tried the rumble seat out in BuyBuyBaby, and when DH and I went back to give it a thorough try-out they were out of stock :( I saw a video online and it seems that when an infant carseat is attached along with the rumble seat (which is what I plan to do for the first 6 months or so), the toddler has very little room.

I would appreciate any real-world feedback on the rumble seat. I also have a thread going on double stroller recommendations, I am just so confused!!!

Thanks!! :)

Jelly Bean
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I would love to know the same thing!

Also, if you buy a rumble seat from a place with good customer service, a lot of them have return policies if you try it for a couple weeks and don't like it.

ebjw
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
My daughter will be 19 months when the new baby arrives, and I just couldn't pull the trigger on the rumble seat. I just ordered the Stroll-Air My Duo. I originally sold myself on the Vista thinking that we'd never need to buy a double when we had a 2nd baby... maybe if she was like 3 years old that would work, but I decided it's not going to work for a 19 month old who is going to need to be in the stroller often. After I see how things are going with the My Duo, I may still get the rumble seat in case I still ever want to use the Vista, but we'll hold off on that for now. I also think that the rumble seat would work out better with the 2010 completely upright seat position, but I'm not going to upgrade my Vista when I'm already buying a side-by-side double. Remember that your 2008 frame will need to be retro-fitted to fit the rumble seat- so that cost + the rumble seat itself may make it worth buying a good s-b-s double.

Oh- just realized your frame is a 2009 and your seat is a 2008- sorry, I thought it was the other way around :) So no retro-fitting needed... see how it goes and buy a s-b-s double if it doesn't work out after the first couple of weeks!

swissair81
04-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I have the rumbleseat & we really like it.

lmr1101
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Not me personally, but my good friend has a 2007 Vista seat, purchased the 2009 frame and now uses the rumble seat every day.
Her DS is 22 months and her DD is 2 months old. She says her DS loves being in the Rumble seat and hasn't had any problems with it yet. She uses it with the car seat attachment most of the time... for now.

jacksmoma
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
i would get a true double for babies that close it age...mine age 19 months apart and we need a true double for all day outtings (bjcmd). can't imagine using the vista and rumble as they get older....

swissair81
04-09-2010, 04:36 PM
My 17 month old is usually in the main seat, but he is fine in the rumbleseat. I'm going to have to rearrange in the summer anyway & he is getting moved back. I take them on nice long outings in it & it is totally fine.

I don't currently need a double in my car, as my 3 year old walks pretty well for just errands. When I did, I had a BJCMD. It is now in storage waiting until I need a double all the time again.

jacksmoma
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
yes for errands my 2 year old walks (has since he was just over one) and my baby goes in my bjcm (single). the vista seems kind of overkill for quick trips?

swissair81
04-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I use my Vista for all of my major indoor/outdoor outings. Plus it's really good outside, when it is snowy & icy. I've definitely gotten my money's worth.

swissair81
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Plus my BJCMD was bought used. So I don't feel so bad having 2.

jesserina
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
yes for errands my 2 year old walks (has since he was just over one) and my baby goes in my bjcm (single). the vista seems kind of overkill for quick trips?

I use my Vista for all errands, big or small! I take it in and out of my trunk every day, even now at 9 months pregnant!! :) I wish my dd would walk for errands, she is too fast and does not listen when something catches her eye. That would really be the ideal option, lol!

The rumble seat will NOT work for us I have determined. They had it in again at BBB and when I put our infant seat on the frame there was no room at all for my daughter.

Thanks everyone for your input!!

swissair81
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I heard that this is one of the major improvements on the 2010. The upright position for the seat leaves much more room for the back passenger. (Not suggesting you buy a new Vista. I think a lot of people complained about that problem.) For some reason that I cannot figure out (my dd is not that small), this has not been a problem for me.

jesserina
04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I heard that this is one of the major improvements on the 2010. The upright position for the seat leaves much more room for the back passenger. (Not suggesting you buy a new Vista. I think a lot of people complained about that problem.) For some reason that I cannot figure out (my dd is not that small), this has not been a problem for me.

But having the 2010 frame would not affect the spacing when using the infant seat adapter, would it? I have a Grace SafeSeat and when we put it on the frame with the rumble seat in the rear it was horrible!! I plan to use the carseat adapter in the beginning so that is what I am primarily basing my decision on. I did not think the spacing was bad with the vista seat, but I do not plan to use it in the beginning.

Thanks!! :)

swissair81
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't know the answer to that. I don't use car seat adaptors much. Only if I'm doing a really quick errand that would be stupid to get my stroller out for & for those purposes I have a graco snugrider that i got for $20 on craigslist. I was planning to use the regular seat & the infant pillow adapter thing when my little peanut is born. Even if I did, I can't carry a SafeSeat/SG35. I have a regular snugride 22. I think it's smaller.

jesserina
04-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't know the answer to that. I don't use car seat adaptors much. Only if I'm doing a really quick errand that would be stupid to get my stroller out for & for those purposes I have a graco snugrider that i got for $20 on craigslist. I was planning to use the regular seat & the infant pillow adapter thing when my little peanut is born. Even if I did, I can't carry a SafeSeat/SG35. I have a regular snugride 22. I think it's smaller.

Thank you!! The safeseat is pretty large, maybe that is the problem.

swissair81
04-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe just for kicks, try out the Vista with the RumbleSeat & the regular snugride. See if it makes any difference.