PDA

View Full Version : Post 1000

jacksmomtobe
03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Well I thought for my 1000 post I would make it a more reflective post. I've been a bit sentimental lately as DS turned 6 last Friday. I can't believe he has become such a big kid. I went into his kindergarten class to read a book for his Birthday. They then do this thing called Birthday Wishes. The child sits in the Book Reader's Chair and they go around the room to all the other kids who can say Happy Birthday and whatever they like. So many of the kids had such sweet things to say about my son. So many of the girls said he was their best friend of all the boys and many kids said how nice he was. It really teared me up. I saw how much he looked and acted like a big kid saying thank you to all his classmates. Made me proud.

So it's now 6yrs plus for me on this board. I started reading/posting right after I received The Baby Bargains Book. This site has meant so much to me. It started out being the place where I could get the scoop on the best products. I learned all about strollers, learned all about how to install car seats (I was the first person to install one right in over 6 months according to a local police depts seat check), found brands like Boden and Hanna, got through breastfeeding struggles. Now I use it as a source for information about so many things (many not even child related) thanks to the lounge. I can't say how many items I have referred to "my Moms Board" in conversations. I appreciate everyone who has given me advice or just listened to me (esp in the BP). This board has provided me with so much support!!

Thanks to all you wonderful Moms out there!!
Kim

maylips
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
What a nice post. I'm creeping up to 1,000, and you have raised the bar. Congrats on raising such a nice son.

larig
03-30-2010, 04:49 PM
happy birthday to your DS. thanks for sharing your proud moment with us, and congrats on the milestone.

boogiemomz
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM
awww... warm fuzzies!! :grouphug: i love your post b/c i am a new mom and relatively new to the board, and i got started here in my pregnancy while reading baby bargains! i'm excited to be in the community over the years just as you have been. thanks for your post and congratulations on 1,000!

elizabethkott
03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Awww! What a wonderful young man you have raised!
Congrats on post #1,000!

jgenie
03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your 1000th post!!