PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Canvas

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Seriously loving the things I just ordered from them! And you have to love the guarantee.
IMO much better quality than Gap and so much cheaper than J Crew. Might be worth a look!

sadie427
03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
What did you get? Have you tried the pants or jeans yet? I'm curious about the jeans. I got the spotted orange camp shirt, the ballet flats and the suede hobo purse when there was a coupon code a while back and like everything. The bag, in particular, seems like great value for the money (at least at 25% off) and is very cute.

g-mama
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
So I just had to go and check this out and now I've found another new outlet for my shopping habit. Thanks a lot, Susan!! No really, thanks a lot. :)

Btw, what'd you get?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
I got the Heritage trench, 3 poplin camp shirts ( love the dot and the floral!) 2 pair of the utility-type pants and the knit shirt. I can't keep it all and am not sure what to send back. I did not have a % off code so will be looking for one. Almost 100% of my shopping dollar has been going to J Crew for years but they are getting too trendy for my taste and the few things I have purchased from Gap recently, esp tops, are not holding up well. I am so excited about Canvas! Got to love the guarantee!

sadie427
03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
How is the fit of the pants? Do you wear a similar size in Canvas as the Gap or JCrew?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
How is the fit of the pants? Do you wear a similar size in Canvas as the Gap or JCrew?

My body is a little weird, thick waist, no rearend. I would say they are maybe a tad bigger than the other brands, the rise was lower than Land's End would ever use in the main brand.
You can return at Sears.

sadie427
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks! Glad the rise is lower than regular Land's End, that's what I was hoping for. Hmm, not sure if I should size down or not though--Sears isn't that close to me so hope to not have to return.

sadie427
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
FYI got a 20% off and free shipping code from Land's End this morning that looks like it works for Canvas, too!

Twins2000
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Lastnight I ordered ......

The Women's Tiered Ruffle Tee in White:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TieredRuffleTee~207075_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002201&origin=index

The Women's Tiered Ruffle Tank in Coral Blush:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TieredRuffleTankTop~207058_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GRH&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002201&origin=index

The Women's Heritage Crewneck Tee in Navy Blue:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TheHeritageCrewneckTee~203259_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002201&origin=index

And the Skinny Cotton Weave Belt in white:
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SkinnyCottonWeaveBelt~207168_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002226&origin=index

Since I'm petite, I only ordered tops that were described as hitting one's high hip. I'll report back once I receive everything!

g-mama
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I placed an order last week for one of the campshirts in orange w/ white dots and two pairs of the cargo pants in orange and gray. Can't wait!

Twins2000
04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, I received my LE Canvas order today. Here's what I thought of each item (keep in mind that I'm 4'11'').

The Women's Tiered Ruffle Tee in White: Returning. The neck is too wide and the length is a little long, not very flattering on me. The material was thin, but nicely made.

The Women's Tiered Ruffle Tank in Coral Blush: Probably returning. The neck is not as wide as the Tiered Ruffle Tee's, but again the length is a little too long, and not sure it's worth $15-$16 on me.

The Women's Heritage Crewneck Tee in Navy Blue: Keeping! Still a little long, but it fits well everywhere else.

The Skinny Cotton Weave Belt in white: Probably keeping. I love its look, but it does seem a bit "cheap" for $20+.

I'll have to try LLBean Signature next!

Leslie

newg
04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
ugghhhh I'm drooling over this stuff!! I saw the new display in my Sears as I walked by on my way to their maternity section :(
I am keeping my fingers crossed that come end of August/September they will have some awesome stuff on sale and I can treat myself to loosing my baby weight!!

keep the reviews coming so I know what to keep my eye on!!

sadie427
04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Thought I'd post my reviews:

Heritage braid belt: nice, all-purpose leather belt (somehow I didn't have a leather belt anymore).

Slim leg jeans, in the dark wash: We'll have to see how they wear, but just trying them on they seem great. The denim seems to be pretty high quality and the fit is good. I wanted to try a skinny-jean look and these seem to fit the bill. I sized down (got a 27/2, I'm a 4 at the Gap or 4P at J Crew) as I've been losing a bit of weight and wanted these to be slim enough to fit in boots next fall, but my usual size probably would have fit too, just a different look.

Linen blend scarf: just ok, doesn't drape great, not sure if it's worth $15, I may send this back.