PDA

View Full Version : I'm betting Kate G. sticks around tonight....

maylips
03-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Okay, I AM NOT a DWTS fan, but I have to admit I had to watch last night because I wanted to see Kate G. fail (I know, I'm a terrible human being). But she drives me nuts.

Which makes me think that the "voters" will not vote her out (per the "secret results" from ABC) because ratings are probably higher than normal. So am I insinuating the votes are rigged? Absolutely. Because really, who is tuning in to see Buzz Aldrin, as sweet as he is?

AnnieW625
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I haven't voted for her at all. I voted for Aiden 7 times, Erin, 1, Niecey, 1, and Shannen, 2 so not in my house did Kate get one vote:) If Kate or Buzz doesn't go then I know there is definitely something wrong with the show!

wellyes
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Okay, I AM NOT a DWTS fan, but I have to admit I had to watch last night because I wanted to see Kate G. fail (I know, I'm a terrible human being).Lots & lots of viewers are the same. And they were advertising that Kate rehearsal meltdown from the top of the episode even though she danced at the very end. I think there is NO WAY she's going home.

I also think people will vote for her for the train wreck factor (aka http://www.votefortheworst.com/ (http://www.votefortheworse.com) that created "The Sanjaya Effect"). But I think she's absolutely miserable and it would be a mercy to set her free. And an even bigger relief to free her poor partner who is contractually obligated to put up with her.

alexsmommy
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Yep, I've NEVER watched this show, but after hearing how bad she was last week, I half-watched last night. So she's pulling in viewers. Buzz is so sweet and enthusiastic and deserves to stay, but I won't be remotely surprised if it somehow "work out" that Kate is voted to stay. Hate to be cynical, but they want to draw viewers like me into watching for a while.

elektra
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Have they ever even disclosed the exact way they calculate the judges scores with the at-home-viewer votes?
I mean they could really come up with any kind of formula to suit their needs, right?
Because I may be wrong but I think they claim that the judges votes do count, unlike American Idol.

wellyes
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Have they ever even disclosed the exact way they calculate the judges scores with the at-home-viewer votes?
I mean they could really come up with any kind of formula to suit their needs, right?I watch America's Best Dance Crew (MTV :bag) and when they wanted to keep a particular crew last year, they switched the method from "who got the most votes last night" to "who got the most votes CUMULATIVELY over the season" for one episode only. And they didn't mention the switch until results were given. Those sneaky people do whatever they want.

mom2binsd
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
SPOILER........................Don't read below if you haven't watched!!!

Ok, ya, voting Shannen off doesn't make sense at all....that's insulting to her! I mean neither Buzz nor Kate could dance a step in time. I thought she had a lot of potential...maybe the I HATE BRENDA website resurected itself???

JoyNChrist
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll admit it - I'm only watching because Kate's on there. I have an unhealthy fascination with that woman.

zag95
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I seriously could not believe how bad Kate G was last night- and her episode with Tony??? He's so great! It's too bad she has such issues and tantrums.

mom2binsd
03-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Did you see her (Kate's) sourpuss face throughout the elimination tonight...not a smile, nothing, the rest are either looking at their partner/smiling/etc....I'm sure she was shocked she's still around.

wendibird22
03-31-2010, 07:30 AM
I cannot believe they voted Shannen off. Seriously?! She was by far not the worst dancer.

MartiesMom2B
03-31-2010, 08:20 AM
There are some good articles on EW about this. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20355928,00.html and then click on that link to the one about Kate's face.

You can vote against her by voting for everyone else.