PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like they're in here constantly bitching?

Toba
03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I do ... I think my excuse is that I have social anxiety, panic, OCD, blah, blah, blah, which has made it hard to meet friends and especially maintain them. So I come to some anonymous board and bitch away. Sorry. :( But you guys are awesome. Always have really good suggestions and lots of support. :heartbeat:

mommylamb
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
FWIW, I've never considered you a frequent "bitcher." And, if you do that from time to time here, there's nothing wrong with using BBB as a sounding board.

elizabethkott
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
The way I figure it, I wouldn't have to be in here so much if people didn't suck so hard so frequently.
:D
And if my DH wasn't such a jack@ss sometimes.
:) :)
Seriously, this place helps me keep my sanity more days than not!!!

TwinFoxes
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
FWIW, I've never considered you a frequent "bitcher." And, if you do that from time to time here, there's nothing wrong with using BBB as a sounding board.

Totally agree, I don't think of you as one of main "bitchers" :)

The way I figure it, I wouldn't have to be in here so much if people didn't suck so hard so frequently.
:ROTFLMAO: So true!

MamaMolly
03-30-2010, 10:13 PM
:bag well if you are a frequent b!tcher then maybe I need to pay rent?

Seriously though if I didn't have this place to vent I don't know what I'd do. There have been so many times I've felt SO ALONE, or super embarrassed or ashamed of something that DH has done, and the mamas here have kinda put the bandaid of love on my heart.

And the advice and perspective I've gained...well, it has helped me grow up a lot.

ewpmsw
03-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I can relate to you, OP. I've only been a regular visitor for a short time and already feel like I need to reel it in. Love the idea of the Bitching Post. It's a useful outlet.

I appreciate being able to visit, vent and get feedback. Sometimes, feedback from close friends is more fluff than honesty because they're trying to make you feel better. Most of my friends are also DH's friends, so they're not always a good sounding board when I'm ticked about stoopid relationship stuff.

wellyes
03-30-2010, 11:20 PM

OK, thank you for cracking me up. Maybe we should rename Bitching Post "Why do people suck?" That way we wouldn't have to feel guilty for venting once & a while. We could just consider it an ongoing philosophical debate.

arivecchi
03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Let me join you as I have been bitching a bit too much lately. :bag FTR, I do feel bad about it!

elizabethkott
03-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I like the idea of it being an "ongoing philosophical debate"... reinforces our smartness while at the same time reinforcing the rest of the world's stupidity... :D

LarsMal
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
:bag well if you are a frequent b!tcher then maybe I need to pay rent?

Uh...yeah that!

LarsMal
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM

A big :yeahthat:!!!

elektra
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM

LOL! So funny.

StantonHyde
03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
See, the bitching post serves many purposes for me:

When reading about other people, I often get a good laugh--which is good because it helps me put things in perspective and this group is often good at poking fun at heinous situations. If we didn't laugh, we would cry.

Also, not matter how whacked out and f'd up my own family can be, it is comforting to read something and think, "well they don't do THAT". (likewise, when you all read about my family, you can think the same thing about your family. :thumbsup:)

There are days when you just need to whine. Period. end of story. Thank God we have this forum. Although, I am TOTALLY in favor of renaming it.

And, besides, how often do you really get to use the VAGINA defense in real life--yet we can use it here all the time. I figure this forum keeps me out of jail because otherwise, I would be SMACKING people. :loveeyes:

tnrnchick74
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Consider me another "renter" too...

My life is so insane; my family so sadistic; my child can be so difficult...that if I didn't post my frustrations here I would literally implode.

Plus, I get to saw "twisty straw" and "V.A.G.I.N.A." and not have people try to "Baker Act" me...seriously that's an important thing!

mommylamb
03-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Just one note of caution, I once put a bitch on the BP and the person I was bitching about read it and it caused a huge rift in our relationship for months. This is a sibling, and we are only just starting to speak to each other again (the bitch was back in December). So careful what you write here.

StantonHyde
04-01-2010, 12:57 AM
ahhh, thank goodness nobody I know goes here!!!

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Girl, do not feel bad at all. When I was a frequent poster, this was my favorite part of the board. Bitching is, after all, what it's here for.

I also think it helps foster a sense of community and that's what makes this board so much "closer" than others I've seen. It's nice to be able to lend advice or a sympathetic ear to each other's struggles.