PDA

View Full Version : I want a....

Melaine
03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Razor Ripstik:
http://www.amazon.com/RipStik-15055012-Ripstik-Caster-Silver/dp/B000J2CSRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1270051328&sr=8-1

And DH thinks I'm crazy:love-retry:

Have you seen them? I saw some high school kids using them and they looked really fun and seemed easier than skateboarding. I understand why DH LOL, I really do, but seriously....

does anyone else think they look super fun, or am I having an early mid-life crisis?:tongue5:

m448
03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Ummm, I'm not even coordinated to use a regular skateboard much less taking off two wheels. Looks neat though.

Melaine
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't think I could use a regular skateboard but this looks easier....I think.

Cam&Clay
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
DS1 has the exact one in the link. He loves it, but it's not easy to learn to stand up on it. There's only one wheel at each end. The flexibility of it makes it more fun, I think. Our street has a slight incline, so DS1 can ripstick down it and then move himself back up by twisting the board back and forth. It must be great exercise. It's cool to watch!

He and the girl next door got them year before last for Christmas. It took her a lot longer to get the hang of it. You'll need pads and a helmet!

Melaine
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
So have you ever tried it?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Ummm, I'm not even coordinated to use a regular skateboard much less taking off two wheels. Looks neat though.

:yeahthat:

Secret confession time: I never learned how to ride a bike, I am so uncoordinated. :bag:bag:bag:sulkoff:

More power to ya, but try it first!

elektra
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Melaine- You crazy, girl! I've tried one. They are totally hard. A regular skateboard is much easier. DH and I used to ride our long boards down the Strand when I lived in Manhattan Beach. :jammin:
I seriously doubt I could still do that without really hurting myself now though!

OT:
So BelloftheBall- can you not ride a bike still? My nephew who is 13 also never learned. I think it's because his mother could never deal with having him out of her sight at all, and when you ride a bike, you tend to roll far away! He is also uncoordinated (has broken arm and leg already on a razor scooter). But somehow I figured he would just pick it up as an adult. I mean what do you say when someone asks to go on a bike ride??

m448
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
:yeahthat:

Secret confession time: I never learned how to ride a bike, I am so uncoordinated. :bag:bag:bag:sulkoff:

More power to ya, but try it first!

That brings back memories. When we moved from Jersey to Florida I was around 9-10 years old and during that first summer in Florida I learned to roller skate, swim and ride a bike all at once. You'll pick it up when you want to. That summer was also the summer my mom learned to swim as well (before that she'd stick to the shallow end of water bodies or tread a little).

love_a_latte
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I want one!!!

Melaine
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I want one!!!

So glad it isn't just me! Maybe I'll get one for my birthday. Makes sense, since I want to have a Twilight birthday party....:rotflmao:Strangely enough, DH thought I was kidding about that too.....:shrug:

updacountry
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think I could do that. But I do have an adult pogo stick that my DH bought me a couple of years ago and I love it. Always had one as a kid and still love it!

I do it inside as I'm large up top and DH didn't like the idea of me bouncing around for the neighbors, lol!

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
A girl breezed past me at an outdoor shopping center on Sat. she was going around poles and through tables while trying to carry on a conversation with her friends. Wow.
Melaine, you have TWINS. You can do ANYTHING now!

sheleo
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Looks like fun, however, I'm sure I'd fall and break something right away. lol

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Melaine- You crazy, girl! I've tried one. They are totally hard. A regular skateboard is much easier. DH and I used to ride our long boards down the Strand when I lived in Manhattan Beach. :jammin:
I seriously doubt I could still do that without really hurting myself now though!

OT:
So BelloftheBall- can you not ride a bike still? My nephew who is 13 also never learned. I think it's because his mother could never deal with having him out of her sight at all, and when you ride a bike, you tend to roll far away! He is also uncoordinated (has broken arm and leg already on a razor scooter). But somehow I figured he would just pick it up as an adult. I mean what do you say when someone asks to go on a bike ride??

I walk my dogs instead. It really is embarrassing as an adult and IRL, not a lot of people know.... I think your nephew would have an easier time now. My dad told me as an adult (he never wanted to discourage me) that my mom never learned either. He nicknamed her Clara Clutz....

AnnieW625
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
My teenage cousin (almost 17) has one and he's really good at it, but it does look like it would take some practice. I was HORRIBLE at skateboarding so I never thought I would try this.

kozachka
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I've never seen a woman use one, but teenager boys use them all the time around here.

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Exactly how good is your health insurance, and do you have time to deal with a broken arm? ;)

Melaine
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Exactly how good is your health insurance, and do you have time to deal with a broken arm? ;)

:rotflmao:I've never broken any bones before....might be fun!

maestramommy
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM

:yeahthat: I tried skateboarding once when I was a kid. Not my thing. I tried snowboarding once too. Prolly won't do that again either :p