PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Indians...

twowhat?
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Give me a good online site where I can buy 6 matching sari blouses (just basic full-length blouses) for a wedding that is coming up much too soon!!

vejemom
03-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Funny, I was just going to post this in your BP thread! I'm not Indian, but most of my ILs are. I've had good luck with the clothes I've ordered from HomeIndia.com. It looks like a normal online catalogue, but your order is actually custom made.

Good Luck!

citymama
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Sari blouses are made to order/fit. To work, they have to be very well fitted to the wearer's body. Since it sounds like you don't have time to get them made to order, I would recommend getting a stretchy fabric sari blouse or even a short, fitted top that can work under a sari - as opposed to the traditional silk or cotton sari blouses that are made to order. If you have an Indian sari store near where you live (we have loads of them in the Bay Area but they may not be everywhere!) try that out, or see what you can get online ast Indian or Middle Eastern stores. I once bought these short sleeved tube top-like stretchy blouses at Filene's Basement in Boston that worked perfectly as sari blouses!

nmosur
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
My advice is to hit the local Indian stops. Depending on where you live, there is usually an Indian sari store close by that will carry all you need - sari, blouse, petticoat, fall with matching bangles, bindis, henna stuff. PM me if you need any more help.

On the internet, try Indiaplaza.com - they seem to have a good collection.