PDA

View Full Version : Big busted ladies ... swimsuit

Andi98989
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
I signed DS up for swimming lessons that start at the end of April. This means that I need a swim suit. I have one that was a tight fit before DS, and I tried it on last night. :hysterical: There was boob going everywhere!!

I'm wearing a 34J bra right now. Any suggestions on what to get? I usually wear a tankini style top since I have a black bottom that fits fine. I ordered a few things from Lands End Overstocks yesterday and am keeping my fingers crossed that something fits.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Try Shoshana? They make bigger sizes.

sansdieu
03-31-2010, 11:41 PM
I signed DS up for swimming lessons that start at the end of April. This means that I need a swim suit. I have one that was a tight fit before DS, and I tried it on last night. :hysterical: There was boob going everywhere!!

I'm wearing a 34J bra right now. Any suggestions on what to get? I usually wear a tankini style top since I have a black bottom that fits fine. I ordered a few things from Lands End Overstocks yesterday and am keeping my fingers crossed that something fits.

34J? Where do you buy your bras, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a 34G (34H in some brands), and I have to buy my on-line, usually from abroad ('coz US companies don't make large cups in small band sizes).

Last summer, I tried on virtually every LE tankini top in their collection (not sure how much has changed since then) and found that the ones that fit my chest and kept the "spillage" factor to a minimum were the plus sizes, like 14 or 16, which were WAY to wide in the band (not supportive at all) and too wide all around; I could wrap myself twice in all the excess fabric. I suppose with some alterations they might work, but I haven't had the time or the energy to do it. Normally, LE tankinis go up to DD, occasionally to DDD. If you find that one of those overstocks you ordered fits you, please post the name of it here!!!

Andi98989
04-01-2010, 07:44 AM
My bras are currently from breakoutbras.com. Pre-pregnancy I was a 32G and got them from an Intimacy (http://www.myintimacy.com/)store in Chicago. They did a great job fitting me and getting me set up with bras that I liked. Once I was in their system, I could call and re-order by phone. Very nice.

fivi2
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
34J? Where do you buy your bras, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a 34G (34H in some brands), and I have to buy my on-line, usually from abroad ('coz US companies don't make large cups in small band sizes).

Last summer, I tried on virtually every LE tankini top in their collection (not sure how much has changed since then) and found that the ones that fit my chest and kept the "spillage" factor to a minimum were the plus sizes, like 14 or 16, which were WAY to wide in the band (not supportive at all) and too wide all around; I could wrap myself twice in all the excess fabric. I suppose with some alterations they might work, but I haven't had the time or the energy to do it. Normally, LE tankinis go up to DD, occasionally to DDD. If you find that one of those overstocks you ordered fits you, please post the name of it here!!!

Look and see if you have a specialty lingerie store in your area. You should be able to find one that carries larger brands. Otherwise, some people have had good luck a Nordstroms. I ordered a Chantelle bra that I like from Nordstoms online, but have never gone into the store to try on. Our independent store carries Freya, Fantasie, Goddess, and many others that have the small band with large cup size. (I am not OP, but also have a large cup and small band).

OP - I have had difficulty with swimsuits also. I do have an older Lands End tankini that is okay, but I have tried ordering them again (even the same style/same size) and they have not fit right... I have no clue why. I have an Anita (I think?) that I ordered online from biggerbras.com (I think - I may be wrong. I think I googled and that site came up.) It is a one piece and not a tankini, but it is okay. not great. But I also have some other problem areas!

jvs195
04-02-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm a 36H and buy my bras at Nordstrom (get a fitting and buy one then head to Nordstrom Rack for more), breakoutbras, herroom.com, figleaves.com I think all are carrying swimwear now in addition to aerinrose.com

Also noticed more bra sizes on Athleta, but haven't tried one yet

Andi98989
04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Happy day the Lands End suits basically fit!!!

I got the black v-neck halter one in a 10 and the one piece maroon one in a 12. That one does fit a little better, but the black top will work.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/overstock-liquidations/Women/Swimsuits/Size+Range=Regular/Bra+Type=DDD-cup/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4~5&catNumbers=83~134&visible=1~1~1~1~1&store=ov&sort=Recommended&pageSize

sansdieu
04-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Look and see if you have a specialty lingerie store in your area. You should be able to find one that carries larger brands. Otherwise, some people have had good luck a Nordstroms. I ordered a Chantelle bra that I like from Nordstoms online, but have never gone into the store to try on. Our independent store carries Freya, Fantasie, Goddess, and many others that have the small band with large cup size. (I am not OP, but also have a large cup and small band).

I do get measured at Nordstroms fairly regularly, but their in-store selection isn't that big (basically 2-3 $90 Chantelles in my size). Our local lingerie store (part of a chain) is HORRIBLE. They carry lots of good brands, but nothing in my size, and the service is abominable. I went there the same day I got measured at Nordie's; they somehow talked me into buying 4 bras, all 4 were different sizes, and not one of them was the right size for me (and two of them I'd worn, so I couldn't even return them). I'm now avoiding them like the plague. I do buy online (mostly from figleaves), but it's hit-or-miss -- some of those brands fit me, but they're clearly designed for show, rather than support. I would like to try breakoutbras, but their return policy isn't that great, it seems. (She threatens that you won't get your money back if you buy the same bra in 2 different sizes?)

sansdieu
04-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Happy day the Lands End suits basically fit!!!

I got the black v-neck halter one in a 10 and the one piece maroon one in a 12. That one does fit a little better, but the black top will work.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/overstock-liquidations/Women/Swimsuits/Size+Range=Regular/Bra+Type=DDD-cup/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4~5&catNumbers=83~134&visible=1~1~1~1~1&store=ov&sort=Recommended&pageSize

That link is coming up dead for me

sansdieu
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
My bras are currently from breakoutbras.com. Pre-pregnancy I was a 32G and got them from an Intimacy (http://www.myintimacy.com/)store in Chicago. They did a great job fitting me and getting me set up with bras that I liked. Once I was in their system, I could call and re-order by phone. Very nice.

I should move to Chicago ;)