PDA

View Full Version : Mutsy 4Rider vs Quinny Buzz

WhoaMomma!
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
For my birthday I received a generous gift certificate to a local baby boutique. I would like to use it to buy a stroller. My most important desired feature was a reversible seat. This narrow my choices at the store to a Mutsy 4Rider, the Quinny Buzz 3, or the Quinny Buzz 4. Can you knowledgeable ladies tell me everything you know (good and bad) about these three strollers so I can make a choice. They also have the Maxi-Cosi Loola, but I didn't like the looks of it. Am I making a mistake in discounting that one based on aesthetics?

Sweetum
04-01-2010, 04:19 AM
I recently bought a Quinny Buzz 3 (2009 model, I believe), and really really like it. DS is 13 mo so, I haven't RFed him so far, but I can tell you that it's an awesome ride for him!! And looks totally cool too ;) The auto open is an awesome feature. The air tires are nice and cushy. It's nice to be able to change the height of the handle bar. And steers, oh! so well! But it does have a few negatives:
1. small basket - really small
2. the clasp for the auto open is not very good at holding it together to keep it closed. Supposedly the subsequent models have a fix for that.
3. no drink holder for adults - but you can buy one ($20) or a general stroller organizer - there's a thread doing a poll on the best ones, check it out.

Mine came with an XL seat for when the child outgrows the regular one - make sure your come with it, if you plan on getting it.

I've read in a separate thread that the Buzz4 is more stable. Something that you should compare at the store.

Some complaints on the board were that:
1. it's wide heavy - yes, it is, but not too bulky IMHO - I find it easier to lift with both my arms and put into my trunk than a graco - and it fit into my civic's trunk too. so try lifting it and and doing stuff like that.
2. it's too wide - too wide to comfortably fit in a supermarket's check out aisle - I haven't had that problem, but again, pay attention to the dimensions.
3. opening is a dream but closing is a nightmare - well, it does take some getting used to, I practiced a bit in the store, and I got the hang of it. DH still hasn't gotten used to it - so, there you go, it's not the best part about the stroller.

I'll update as I think of more.

SunshineAndMe