PDA

View Full Version : Horrible no good very bad day

klwa
04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Last night we had a daycare committee meeting with the teachers. No director. OH DEAR HEAVENS. If even a quarter of what was said is true, we need to have SERIOUS disciplinary action taken, if not dismissal. And I'm not talking the "little" things like completely messing up with the scheduling, etc. I'm talkign possible drug deals going on in the parking lot. And come to find out that she's been telling the teachers things that I (and some of the other committee members) "said". Like that I requested DS be moved out of the 3 year old room early because I didn't think he was learning anything. Heck, I was regularly amazed at what she was able to get him to learn/do. I had to go give her a hug after her talk & tell her that I REFUSED to have him moved out of her room earlier in the year.

Add into all that that I didn't even get home until midnight last night & had to be up at 5:10 this morning & you've got one p-ed off camper here. And it's my durn birthday.

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Uh oh. That sounds some un-fun stuff to deal with. But...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!:cheerleader1: Hope the rest of the day turns out better. If not, ask for a redo tomorrow!

kedss
04-01-2010, 07:07 AM
hugs, Kris, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this :( Big birthday wishes

wellyes
04-01-2010, 07:44 AM
OK that's a jaw-dropper. I'm so sorry.

elizabethkott
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Hoo boy!!
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope your day turns around!!!

elephantmeg
04-01-2010, 08:27 AM
happy b-day!!!!!!!!!!!

crl
04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
wow.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Catherine

elektra
04-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Yikes!
Happy Birthday though!

MamaMolly
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Well on the bright side it can only get better, right? RIGHT?!?!

Happy birthday, anyway! :yay:

ewpmsw
04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Happy Birthday. I hope the day got better.

klwa
04-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks all. It was just a sucky week all around. And this week isn't looking much better. The pastor & one of the committee members confronted the director Friday with SOME of the accusations the teachers had made. As of Friday, she had not yet quit. They're having another meeting this morning, so we'll see what happens then. If she refuses to quit, then we have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow at 5 to discuss our options. (In other words, we've got to meet when we're half way sane to determine which issues are documented enough to get her fired.) I'm really hoping/praying that she decides to walk out on her own. And that she gets her life straightened back out. This is just SO weird....

klwa
04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Even better: the director decided to go ahead & quit yesterday. So, now, we get to spend the first 1/2 hour of our meeting tonight deciding WHO we should get to be the temporary director (or, if we should do what I hope, and split the duties between 2 of them, sicne they will still also have classroom duties) and how we can stop this blankity-blank crap from happening again!

elizabethkott
04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
YAY! At least you don't have to deal with the director anymore!!! :cheerleader1:

kep
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
That's terrific news! I'm sorry your week hasn't gone better. Anything involving my kids gets me all up in arms. I hope things continue to improve at the school.

klwa
04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
ARGH! Now, DS's best friend's parents have decided to take her out because of all of this drama. They're only a little over a week apart in age & have been together since birth. I don't even know how to start explaining it all to him.

And tomorrow is 2 years since my mom died. So the last two weeks were already an emotional time for me. (Last time I saw my mom in good health was my birthday, two weeks before she passed.) I just want to curl up in a ball right now. But I know it won't help anything....

Oh, AND, found out Monday night that former director went in, between the 1st & 2nd talk with the pastor & deleted QuickBooks & the last months work thereon from the computer. Unlucky for ehr, DH is an IT guy & past master at recovering lost info. Hopefully he'll be able to get that back up & running so we can figure out WHY she would have done that....