PDA

View Full Version : Naot shoes

elizabethkott
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Are they worth it?
I really do need a pair of shoes that have good support and are appropriate for work (HS teacher). I've been debating naots, but the price tag is keeping me from pulling the trigger.
Anyone have any experience with them? What styles do you like? I'd like to start out with a closed toe since it's still a bit chilly around here...
Any help or suggestions of other brands/styles would be appreciated!

Fairy
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I had a pair of sandals for 10 years that by the time I parted with them were positively falling apart, only cuz I wore them every single day it was possible. they were so cute, and none of the current Naots are nearly as cute as that pair was. But I got a new pair last year that, while not as cute, feel so good on my feet. Feet which need orthotics at all times -- their sandals I can go without! I haven't tried their non-sandals. I really do love my Naots and think they're worth every penny.

ged
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
i have a pair and I LOVE them. So worth it, in my opinion. There was a pretty recent thread about them (though I think the OP was asking about sandals).

http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-matai-black-madras-leather-black-suede - this is the style I have

pb&j
04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I have two pairs - one I love, and one I don't. If I had half a brain, I would have sent the ones I don't back right away, because I didn't even like how they looked right out of the box, but I'm an idiot. The ones I don't like are slides, which I don't really like the look of in general, plus they rub funny on one toe. While the footbed is sooo comfortable, that one spot drives me bonkers. I have this problem with most slides, so it is my funny toe, not a problem with the shoe. Like I said, I'm an idiot, and should have gone with a different style

I have a pair of boots that I looooooooooooooove. http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-oyster-sherwood-forrest So comfortable. Feel like Birkenstocks, but softer, easier on my feet. AMAZING support!

I am actually browsing Naot's for summer sandals this year - I usually end up wearing my Birks all summer long, and want something just as supportive but a little more attractive.

For closed-toe shoes, a friend of mine has the Gardenia, and they are super cute.

HIU8
04-01-2010, 05:18 PM
OMG, these are the most awesome shoes I own. I have 2 pair of Naot mary janes (black and gold/brown). They are so incredibly comfy (more so that my birks). They were extremely expensive, but so worth it (I have foot issues and find it difficult to get shoes--I don't get new shoes often, but when I do, I get really good ones).

lmintzer
04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I have a pair of Naot Mary Janes. I just got them 2 weeks ago so I don't have longstanding experience with them, but they are SOOO comfy so far. My mom convinceed me to buy them. She bought a few pairs of Naots, because she's having some foot problems and she swears by them.

I bought on planetshoes.com and went through Ebates and got a small chunk back. That made things a little more palatable.

I also noticed one Ebay seller who seems to get the shoes directly from Israel, thus cutting out the middle man and keeping the price down. The seller has a lot of good ratings. However, I'm sure returns would be difficult to impossible.

The ones I have are super cute--they are called the Kirei. I've seen the Ashley sandals, too (on my mom), and they are nice.

HIU8
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I have 2 pairs of the Kirei. They are very very very comfy. I hope to get a sandal this summer as well.

elizabethkott
04-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Ok, I got my naot's from Zappos today (awesome that they upgraded my shipping to next-day at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!!!) and I love, love, LOVE them. They are super comfortable, don't cause blisters like new shoes always seem to with me, and they are just all around awesome! This is the pair I got:
http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-kirei-black-madras-leather-black-suede-black-patent-leather
I am a total naot convert now. I'll be buying something in a brown color and some sandals for the summer as well. :D

Fairy
04-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Enjoy! Let us know how it goes :-)