PDA

View Full Version : roseola rash - how long did it last?

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
DS's fever finally broke yesterday

and now, as the doc expected, he's got a lovely rash all over his torso in face

just wondering how long it stuck around for others? we've got a photographer coming on Sat to take some pictures for his first birthday

i know she can always edit the photos, but it would be nice if this was already gone!

thanks

JTsMom
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
It's been a long time, but I want to say 2-3 days. So that's what it was, huh?

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I hate to say it, but DS's rash lasted a while - probably 2 weeks? (Sorry, it's been a while...I just remember it seemed like it was never gonna go away.)

I might consider rescheduling with the photographer. I do photography on the side, and if the rash is extensive and she has to do a lot of editing, the pictures could end up looking a little airbrushed or unnatural. But that really depends on how bad the rash is - DS's was all over, especially his face.

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
So that's what it was, huh?

yup, seems that way

I hate to say it, but DS's rash lasted a while - probably 2 weeks? (Sorry, it's been a while...I just remember it seemed like it was never gonna go away.)

I might consider rescheduling with the photographer. I do photography on the side, and if the rash is extensive and she has to do a lot of editing, the pictures could end up looking a little airbrushed or unnatural. But that really depends on how bad the rash is - DS's was all over, especially his face.

ugh...i really don't want to resched b/c this is the only weekend day we have free for the next month & a half

i'll have to see how it goes

i'm praying it improves some

plus, it's not too terrible on his face

his stomach and chest are quite a sight, but his face has just...some

thanks, ladies

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
plus, it's not too terrible on his face

his stomach and chest are quite a sight, but his face has just...some

You should be okay then. As long as there's some clear skin for the photographer to blend the affected areas with, it'll be fine. With DS it was just all over, so I would have had to completely re-do his skin in Photoshop and I would've worried that it would have had a "plastic" effect.

Good luck! :)