PDA

View Full Version : Quick repair vibes please! A big tree smashed into our house this AM

jenfromnj
04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Please send "quick damage repair" vibes if you can spare some! It seems like all the crazy weather we've had here recently has taken its toll on the big, old trees in this neighborhood, something similar happened to a house 4 blocks away last week.

Thank goodness DS and I were out for a walk with the dog (DH had already left for work), it was really scary to see/hear and it fell on the side of the house where DS's room is, which is what has me really shaken up. The insurance people are already there (DS and I are currently at my parents house, DH turned around and came back to NJ) so hopefully we'll have a better idea of the extent of the damage and timeline for fixing it later today. Thankfully my parents house is grandkid equipped, with a crib, changing table, highchair, etc, since we might be here for awhile.

bubbaray
04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh, MY. Yikes! P&PT coming your way for a speedy and easy reconstruction!

arivecchi
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm so sorry this happened. How stressful!

LD92599
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh no! You wouldn't expect it today, nice and clear out. We were out last night and a tree/VERY large branches etc must've come down just seconds before we got to that part of the road, blocking most of the road.

Glad you weren't in the house OR near the tree!

jenfromnj
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks, fellow lawyers and/or Jerseyites!

Oh no! You wouldn't expect it today, nice and clear out.

I know, that's what we were saying (we were surprised it didn't happen last weekend instead of today). It was actually our neighbor's tree--our house is only about 10 feet from that neighbors property line. It seems like it was weakened by the snow/rain/wind and just finally went.

There have been so many issues with trees/power lines/who knows what else being knocked down around here in the past few weeks (we're in BC, too, so I'm sure you're experiencing the same thing).

trentsmom
04-01-2010, 01:11 PM
That is so scary! I'm glad no one was home at the time. Here's to a speedy repair!

willow33
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
How frightening!! Glad you are all safe and hope the repairs happen quickly!

vludmilla
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh no! I hope the damage is really minimal and easy to repair!!!

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh no! Thank goodness you weren't in the house!

I'll say a prayer that everything goes smoothly with the repairs. We live in hurricane country, so I'm all too familiar with this sort of thing.

maestramommy
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
:hug: A huge tree fell on our house last month during the big windstorm. It's being fixed starting today.

Hope your fix isn't too complicated and the insurance comes through!

elektra
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh no! That sounds crazy. Hope it gets taken care of asap!