PDA

View Full Version : Stroller color conundrum

radmom
04-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi there,
We purchased an Uppababy Vista stroller. The strollers have arrived at the store, and we need to go pick one up. We can choose between green (Carlin) or black (Jake).

The green is really pretty, but I worry about it showing lots of scuffs and wear after being shoved in and out of the truck bed, folded on the ground, etc.

The black is nice too, but I worry about it getting hot. We live in an area that gets very hot and sunny in the summer. I don't plan to have the baby outside when it's scorching, but I'm wondering if the black will get too hot even when it's just "warm" out.

I would love your input.

Thanks!

wellyes
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I had the green, it's very durable - never a problem with it getting marked up, and I was pretty rough on it including leaving it outside in bad weather. I'd definitely get that color again vs black.

Jelly Bean
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I have the yellow vista and have gotten it dirty (when DH put the dirty wheels of the snap and go into the trunk and it rubbed on the pristine yellow seat!!) and phew....it came right out.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a color and would do it again in a heartbeat. I love black strollers but don't like the look of a black bassinet. I wouldn't worry about it getting hot though. I've never had a problem with my black BJCM.

ebjw
04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I have a green Vista seat, and I wouldn't get the green again. I just think it looks a bit worn and dingy after a year of use. I'm positive it would look better and I'd like it better if I removed the fabric and washed it, but we use the stroller soooo much I haven't gotten the chance!

radmom
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
ebjw, do you think the black would wear better?

PGTB
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I have a green Vista seat, and I wouldn't get the green again. I just think it looks a bit worn and dingy after a year of use. I'm positive it would look better and I'd like it better if I removed the fabric and washed it, but we use the stroller soooo much I haven't gotten the chance!

Tend to agree with ebjw.

I was considering to buy the Vista, so I wanted to choose the color that wouldn't show wear too much, so I paid attention to these strollers when seeing them on the street and especially close up at baby stores. I noticed that they do show some wear and tear and I agree with ebjw that the green color would show the persistent stains or just the fact that it's worn out and old, I saw one guy at the store have one and the canopy looked a big dingy. But again, I think you can wash it and spot treat it and the fabric is also somewhat reflective on all of them which makes stains less noticeable. So, it could be that he didn't take proper care of it.

DH and I discussed which color to get and narrowed it to Carlin and Mica (the silver one). I at first was all for the green color, but after seeing the guy at the store with the dingy one decided that silver would be better. It reflects light much more (while green is more dull) and stains tend to look less noticeable on highly reflective surfaces, I've seen a few used silver ones close by and I thought they would look less worn out at least from some distance ;). Just an alternative if you don't want to go with the completely black stroller. The black stroller shouldn't show that much wear and tear either as long as it's not lighter stains that can't be taken out.

AnnieW625
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I have Jake and I like it a lot. In some lights it almost looks really dark green. My model is a 2007 though so the colors may have changed a bit.

ebjw
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
My bassinet is silver, and I love that. I do think the black would wear better. I would pick any of the other colors over the green if I could now- I get jealous when I see people with Vistas that aren't green!

strollerqueen
04-04-2010, 02:52 AM
My bassinet is silver, and I love that. I do think the black would wear better. I would pick any of the other colors over the green if I could now- I get jealous when I see people with Vistas that aren't green!

I'm pretty sure you can order a new fabric set for it. If I were that unhappy with the color, I would totally do it.

lareigna
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
:yeahthat:

I live in FL and I have always hesitated getting an all black stroller for the simple fact that I am outside alot and I worry about the black fading. I have heard though that black strollers are not any hotter than other colors. What matters is your canopy ventilation.

Jelly Bean
04-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Yesterday I was out with my yellow vista (love!) and saw a red vista and a green one. I happened to stop and talk to the lady with the green one and she said she'd had it for 2 years. It didn't look faded...as in faded by the sun or anything. It's just a green color that comes that way...a light-ish green color. As in, it's just not as bright as the red, yellow or orange. HTH!