PDA

View Full Version : Eeewwwww. That's gross.

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I just started watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and saw the chicken nugget thing. Probably should watch that food documentary too. Ewww...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I just started watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and saw the chicken nugget thing. Probably should watch that food documentary too. Ewww...

:yeahthat:
Makes me glad DD is a Veg.

LarsMal
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
The only comforting part of that for me was that he said that is NOT how they do it in the US. I guess it's allowed in England, but they don't make them that way here (so he says, I'm not 100% sure!).

I just couldn't believe the kids actually wanted to eat them. THAT was gross!

DrSally
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I will never look at "formed" chicken nuggets the same way. Maybe he's saying that you can't use scraps in chicken nuggets in the US? I know they use beef trimmings in some hamburger in the US.

elektra
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I didn't catch the whole show (I did see what I thought was the majority though) and I have heard "the chicken nugget thing" mentioned a few times. What was it exactly?

DrSally
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I didn't catch the whole show (I did see what I thought was the majority though) and I have heard "the chicken nugget thing" mentioned a few times. What was it exactly?

He basically cut the meat off the chicken and took the remainders (gristle, connective tissue, fat, skin), pureed them, added a bunch of flavorings/salt, formed into nugget and fried. All the kids said they would eat it (they never say that in the UK.