PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Ugly Betty? I have a question...

catpagmo
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
This has been bugging me for the last couple of weeks. Isn't Hilda pregnant? I thought she was, but in a few episodes she's been drinking, and she's not showing. Am I imagining this? Remeber the episode where Hilda and Betty mixed up their pregnancy tests?

Please tell me I'm not crazy! Did the writers just abandon this story?

alleycat
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
She lost the baby. They went in for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat.

I think the episode was about two or three weeks ago.

catpagmo
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
She lost the baby. They went in for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat.

I think the episode was about two or three weeks ago.

OMG! Thanks for filling me in. I have my DVR set up to automatically record all the episodes, but I must have missed this one. I'll have to see if I can find it on demand or somewhere....

ETA: I just read that the show has been canceled!? Last episode to air mid April. Where the heck have I been?

lowrioh
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
You can watch the episodes online at abc.com

strollerqueen
Can I tag on to ask one more Q? What happened to Matt? Last time I watched, he and Betty were all hot and heavy. Then last night, no mention of his existence!

SASM
Can I hijack and also ask how they phased out Matt and his dad? I missed several episodes and am now lost. Thanks!

AbbysMom
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Too funny - I DVR them too and also missed the ultrasound epsiode. Weird!

Babymakes3
04-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Matt went away for 6 months or a year or something to some foreign country to live in a village...i forget the details of it. He was helping do something, that came about after Betty was pressuring him to find his calling and they overheard some people talking while Betty was researching the walk a mile in my shoes thing, anyway Matt decided he wanted to go do what one of the women did abroad.

I just re-read what I wrote and i'm not sure how helpful that was! LOL!

catpagmo
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
You can watch the episodes online at abc.com

Do you know which episode it was? I can't find it at abc.com.

ETA: Found out it was on the blackout episode.

LarsMal
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Matt went away for 6 months or a year or something to some foreign country to live in a village...i forget the details of it. He was helping do something, that came about after Betty was pressuring him to find his calling and they overheard some people talking while Betty was researching the walk a mile in my shoes thing, anyway Matt decided he wanted to go do what one of the women did abroad.

I just re-read what I wrote and i'm not sure how helpful that was! LOL!

Yeah, Matt went abroad for a while and I think Claire bought his dad out. Once they caught the guy who stole the money from the company and got the money back they sent Matt's dad packing.

I am so bummed this show got canceled. It's one of my favorites! I wish it would get picked up by another network- Lifetime would be perfect!!

catpagmo
04-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I am so bummed this show got canceled. It's one of my favorites! I wish it would get picked up by another network- Lifetime would be perfect!!

Me too! I love this show! I think that's a great idea about Lifetime.

Turns out I watched the blackout episode, but somehow I missed the part about Hilda's ultrasound. Hmmmm.

zag95
04-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Didn't Matt go to Africa? Interesting episode this week with Gio.....

catpagmo
04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Didn't Matt go to Africa? Interesting episode this week with Gio.....

Yes, I think he did. I can't remember what he was going to do there, though.

Babymakes3
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Is anyone else as sad as I am that this show is done forever?! I read something that there may be a movie in the works.
I so want to know what happens with Betty and Daniel though! I'm assuming something big since he quit his job and followed her across the world. Ugh I don't like this ending! I wanted a happily ever after!

Fairy
04-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I loved this show sooooo much. Such wonderful writing and acting. Gorgeous stuff, this show. I was very happy with everyone's endings, but ... I dunno, I think Betty's ending could have been better. She has her career, running her amgazine in London, and that's her dream. But I would have liked to see her end up with Matt. I think they were the truest couple. Now, that said, I think she could work with Daniel at this point, too. I think this is a show that COULD be finished just the way it is, but I think it is, perhaps NOT finished and could do well on the big screen ala Sex and the City. Hope to see it!

LarsMal
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
This was definitely one of my favorite shows- I am so sad to see it go. I was pretty satisfied with the ending.

I also would have loved to see Betty end up with Matt, but I had read somewhere a while back that she and Daniel would end up together, the show just didn't want to rush it (which I guess they had to do once they got canceled!). I think it's cute that Daniel followed her to London, and I like that they left it hanging- would it be friendship, romance, or maybe a continued work relationship. I'm glad they didn't suddenly hook them up. That would have been too forced.

I hope they do a movie...that would be great!

sidmand
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
This was definitely one of my favorite shows- I am so sad to see it go. I was pretty satisfied with the ending.

I also would have loved to see Betty end up with Matt, but I had read somewhere a while back that she and Daniel would end up together, the show just didn't want to rush it (which I guess they had to do once they got canceled!). I think it's cute that Daniel followed her to London, and I like that they left it hanging- would it be friendship, romance, or maybe a continued work relationship. I'm glad they didn't suddenly hook them up. That would have been too forced.

I hope they do a movie...that would be great!

I wasn't happy with the ending though. Daniel and Betty together is just...ick. I believe it happened in the telenova it was based on but they just seemed like a great friend/brother-sister duo and any hint of romance was just icky for me!

For the most part I did like how the stories wrapped up albeit they seemed to wrap up very very quickly (which they probably had to) but that one just left a horribly bad taste in my mouth and colored the finale for me. Still the best finale I've ever seem was for Charmed, though...

catpagmo
04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I am so sad that it's over. This was definitely one of my faves, too. I wasn't too psyched on the ending, either. I see Betty and Daniel as brother/sister, and not romantically involved. If there's ever a movie, I'll definitely go see it! I loved the line where Wilhelmina said to Betty that she had big balls. So funny!

Fairy
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Still the best finale I've ever seem was for Charmed, though...

I loved the Charmed finale, and I wanted that whole show to go on and on, even wahtn it got dumb, I loved it. However, the very very best finale in the history of television was for me, Six Feet Under. That was jus spectacular. I had it on my TV for at least two years after it was done, and I bought Sia's album just for Breathe Me (plus like 3 versions of the song on iTunes). Now THAT was outstanding. Now let's see what Lost does.