PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep track of ebay sales?

MizMojoLaveau
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
If so, how? I was thinking of starting a spreadsheet just to keep track and was wondering if anyone else did this.

jacksmomtobe
04-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I actually do this. I have a few different sheets within the spreadsheet. I sell Mini Boden and Hanna Andersson clothes. I track items in a few different ways.

*The first is "Comp Items" where I track similiar items to those that I have to sell. This sheet includes a column for date sold, brand, Item description, Size, Condition, Bid, Sale Price, Frt, Description. This sheet I use for helping me determine price, time to sell, and sometimes it gives me good words to use in my descriptions. For a while I was very faithful in compiling this info and I think it helped me in selling some items for more than I would have otherwise. I sold some items sooner than I planned when I saw a similiar one go for a good price with mulitple bidders.
*The Second Sheet is "Style Names" this is pretty much for Hanna. I use this so I can mention the style name of the item. I often plug this info in when I purchase the item. I think with Hanna it helps to know the style name ie "Girl in a Garden Dress" as some people are looking for particular items for that brand. It includes brand, style name, and description (so I know which item is assoc with the name).
*I then have separate sheets for Mini Boden, Hanna, and Other Brands called MBPurchaseSalePrice. This is where I keep track of how much I paid for an item and how much I sold an item for. I have columns for Item (where I described what it is), Where I purchased it (via manuf directly, ebay, etc), Purchase Price, Sale Price, Addt'l Info, Size, Color, What line the item is from ie Spring 2007, Diff column between the purchases price & sale price.

Some of these things may be a bit of overkill but I've found the Comp sheet to be very useful.

Good Luck!

AngelaS
04-02-2010, 08:06 PM
My dh is a computer geek and he wrote me a software program to track it. I enter what I pay for things, it calculates eBay/Paypal fees and my profit. It's very convenient when it's time to do taxes. :)

KrisM
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Yep. I have a spreadsheet that tracks costs, sales, and fees. Much easier to do it as I go when it comes to tax time!

I also have a sheet for purchases of things like labels, inks, etc. Finally, I have another for mileage.