PDA

View Full Version : you know you're looking good when...

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 02:53 PM
i probably should not tell people this, but since it's not IRL...and given that it made me laugh out loud. on the street. by myself like a lunatic. i figured i would share

i just got back from walking the dog

let me say that i rushed to shower and dress this morning b/c work has been busy and i had a guy coming to check the blinds and i wanted to be done before he got here

i am wearing one of my 10,000 nursing tank tops. with an old (read that to mean kind of stained and frayed) gray sweatshirt that i forgot to change in my rush to get the dog out before a conf call. and jeans. and old dansko clogs. and glasses - my allergies were itching my eyes this morning. and my hair is...like it normally is...not good

anyway, about a block and a half from the apt, i got stopped by a man. i would guess he was in his mid-50s.

he was wearing a white, velour running suit. all white. definitely velour, despite today's temps. he was also wearing what looked like oversized women's sun glasses.

he said, "i have to ask you. do you have room in your life for a wild and crazy guy like me?"

clearly, he took one look at me and thought that we were kindred spirits - given that we were both looking really, really fine.

i would love to say that i used this embarrassing episode as a wakeup call to come home, change my clothes, and make more of an effort with my appearance. but really, i will just make sure to avoid that block for the next few days and hope to never see him again. :bag

DrSally
04-01-2010, 02:55 PM
nak...:ROTFLMAO:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-01-2010, 02:55 PM
:hysterical:
We ALL have those days, at least it wasn't someone you know!

elektra
04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
SO do you? Have room for a wild and crazy guy in a velour sweatsuit???
LOL!

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM

That's what I'm wondering. Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up!
:ROTFLMAO:

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
That is freaky. Do you live in CA?

maestramommy
04-01-2010, 03:35 PM

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM

if only... i have time for very little these days

That is freaky. Do you live in CA?

no, nyc. and truthfully, i've seen worse than me...and weirder than him...on the streets around here...

HannaAddict
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Hilarious. You've still "got it."

Indianamom2
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
:hysterical: That's awesome!

I also love the visual I'm getting of the man. Thanks for the laugh.

MelissaTC
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I am totally rotflmao...that is too funny!!

mommylamb
04-01-2010, 04:08 PM
OMG!!! This is my favorite thread ever.

jenfromnj
04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
That is so funny! With my luck, I'd have run into an ex-boyfriend!

bubbaray
Looking good, feeling good. :thumbsup:

OP, if it helps any, I dropped the girls off at daycare today looking like a complete bag of you-know-what. At least I had showered so I didn't smell, but still. I mean, I'm working at home today and I didn't show up in my bathrobe or fuzzy slippers. Though one of these days I just might, LOL.

And, who do I see? Gorgeous daycare hunky-dad. Sigh. Why do I ALWAYS see him when I look like something that crawled out of the gutter?

MommyofAmaya
Thanks for the laugh! :bighand:

elizabethkott
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh that's HILARIOUS!
Why is it that when I'm in a similar condition I only run into fabulously dressed, perfectly coiffed, well toned b!tches I went to high school with?
Sigh.
I'd give anything for a man like that! :D

JoyNChrist
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
That is so funny! With my luck, I'd have run into an ex-boyfriend!

This is me! I live in my hometown, and it never fails that I will run into an ex when I look like crap. :tongue5:

MamaSnoo
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Thank you for the great big guffaw!!!! I really needed it today!

wendibird22
04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Too funny! I always run into people I know when I look like a hot mess.

ewpmsw
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh, too funny. Thanks for the laugh!

mommy111
04-01-2010, 04:57 PM
:hysterical: Thank you for the laugh!
A few months ago, I was visiting my hometown, at a friend's kid's birthday party, looking to my mind, relatovely decent, I ran into an old high school teacher. She took one look at me and said something like, what is wrong with you, don't you take any care of yourself? Your hair needs to be cut and blow dried, your brows need to be waxed and you need to wear better clothes and lose weight.

LarsMal
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I love it!! I have a great mental image of both of you, too!

deborah_r
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM
LOL! Thanks for the laugh (sorry it is at your expense!)

Maybe this was April Fool's related and he was being funny? Even his outfit could have been in on the joke.

salsah
04-01-2010, 05:12 PM
that is great! so . . . what did you say?

citymama
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
:rotflmao:Totally laughing out loud! You still got it, girl!

ETA What did you say to him? And how did you keep from cracking up?

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
i wish i could report a super witty response, but i was so taken aback...and in a rush b/c of my call

that i just managed, "no, i've got my hands full with this guy" (gesturing toward dog)

and i kept going...

and as i was walking away, he said, "you're comparing me to your dog? you gotta be kidding me?!"

and that's when i started laughing. like a loon

i suppose it could have been april fools, but i really don't think so

you have to see some of the guys in my 'hood - it's an interesting mix of the sopranos meets hipster...

this gentleman was definitely on the sopranos side of the line

athompson
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
i wish i could report a super witty response, but i was so taken aback...and in a rush b/c of my call

that i just managed, "no, i've got my hands full with this guy" (gesturing toward dog)

and i kept going...

and as i was walking away, he said, "you're comparing me to your dog? you gotta be kidding me?!"

you have to see some of the guys in my 'hood - it's an interesting mix of the sopranos meets hipster...

That is hilarious:hysterical: This guy sounds like many of our neighbors when we lived in New York. We were on Union St. between Court and Smith. You are so right about the Sopranos meets hipster mix.

SnuggleBuggles
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Fabulous!!!

~Beth

lmh2402
04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
That is hilarious:hysterical: This guy sounds like many of our neighbors when we lived in New York. We were on Union St. between Court and Smith. You are so right about the Sopranos meets hipster mix.

we would have been neighbors!! what a small world :waving4:

DietCokeLover
04-01-2010, 10:15 PM
When you got it, you got it!

Love it!!!!

Carrots
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM

and i kept going...

The original post had me laughing and now I am dying laughing. :hysterical:

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen!

jacksmomtobe
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM
So funny!!!

connor_mommy
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you for the laugh!

Globetrotter
04-02-2010, 01:58 AM
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This is classic.

mommy111
04-02-2010, 02:31 AM

and i kept going...

I am DYING laughing at this point. I don't think I've ever heard of anything this funny in a long while.