PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Switch?

ehf
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I went to BRU this morning and played with the Switch. I liked it, and I'm wondering why it doesn't come up more often on all these posts looking for reversible strollers. It was very easy to reverse, the materials seemed to be high quality, my daughter was comfortable, and it was easy to maneuver. I happen to own the Peg Perego car seat (CL buy). My daughter has outgrown the car seat, but one day I can use it for her sibling...

I also played with the Maxi Cosi Foray, which seemed VERY rickety--the handle felt very unstable (although it is a beautiful stroller).

Does anyone have the Switch? Do you like it? I don't see any other reversible strollers that are any lighter. Am I missing something? And oh!...BRU's little info tag had it listed as 17 lbs. Is that possible? I see other threads listing it as 23 or so...

THANK YOU.

strollerqueen
04-04-2010, 02:50 AM
I like the Switch very much, especially because you can fold it in one piece, with the seat facing either way. It weighs 23 pounds. The other weight might be sans canopy, basket, fabric, or even wheels. Sometimes they only list the chassis weight, too.

edurnemk
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Another reversible stroller that's around the same weight is the Bugaboo Bee, I think. There's also the Bumbleride Flyer but I think the Switch steers much better and the fold is more compact.

ehf
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I would absolutely love the Bee, but I'm having trouble stomaching the new price. I'd get an old model if I could find a REALLY good deal, but my daughter is very tall, and I'm worried she'll outgrow the old model very soon.

I also really love the Uppababy Vista, but it's too wide for me. I've test-driven it quite a bit, and it always catches on store aisles, etc. Too annoying.

I'd like to see the Bumbleride in person. Reviews seem to say that it's not a very smooth ride. I live near a cute downtown and am down there a bit--but the sidewalks aren't great. There's a store in Boston that supposedly has them, but I haven't gotten up the effort to go yet.

Sigh. There are a bijillion strollers out there, but not quite the right one for me (unless Bugaboo drops their price!)

edurnemk
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I have the Vista, and I love it, but it's much more bulky and heavy than the Switch, which is why I didn't suggest iton my first post. I do love it, though, when we first go it, I walked everywhere, barely used the car.

I just remembered there's a new stroller by I'coo, I think it's called Pacific or something like that. I haven't seen it IRL, but looks great on paper. It seems a lighter version of the Targo (which is equivalent to the Vista).