PDA

View Full Version : PSA- When you make coffee, put the pot in the machine

JTsMom
04-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Because if you have a serious case of pregnancy brain, you might forget. And then you'll hear the sound of coffee flowing and spraying a few minutes later. And you'll return to find coffee. everywhere. On your walls, running off your counter, into your brand new cabinets and drawers, all over the stuff in said cabinets and drawers, and onto the wood floor.

You'll be especially pleased if this happens at 6:30- you know, the time you woke up at (early) b/c you wanted to get a jump start on some cleaning b/c you have person after person coming over. And then your sunshiney (not) preschooler will come traipsing down the stairs, apparently awoken by the sounds of you muttering the F word under your breath 2000 ft. away, and demand hot chocolate. Then you'll have to go bitch on the BBB instead of getting right to work.

Just a general PSA. :innocent:

billysmommy
04-02-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry!!! It sucks cleaning it up, especially when it gets inside the drawers and cabinets!!
Between DH and I we've done that more times than I care to admit :bag
It's one of the reasons we got a Keurig ~ that way there's only one cup full to clean up instead of a whole pot :thumbsup:

egoldber
04-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I hate that!

We got a new coffeemaker that won't brew unless the pot is in place. :thumbsup:

bigpassport
04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Gentle reminder to OP...after pregnancy brain comes sleep-deprived-with-a-newborn brain. This is also high risk time for forgetting to put the coffee pot in the coffee maker:wink2:

Piglet
04-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Ugghhh I have SO done that!! HUGS! I have also many times brewed the pot without putting coffee in... of course I have a stainless steel carafe and can't actually see that the "coffee" is just dirty water until AFTER I start pouring it into my cup (pre-filled with milk and sugar of course).

glbb35
04-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Maybe it is not you or your pregnancy brain. I say that because I am not pregnant but Monday afternoon, I did the same thing. I set the whole thing up (used my next to last few scoops too!) and turned it on. I went into the office to check a few things and was so excited knowing I had a small "coffee break" coming up. Got the babies into their beds and went back into the kitchen so excited (it is the little things right?) and HELLLOOOOO! coffee all over the floor, the counter tops, inside the drawers below and the coffee maker. I actually stood there and was like WTH? Then I realized, I had not put the coffee pot under the machine. Genius. So I spent the next fifteen min cleaning up my mess, barely had enough coffee to make a 2nd half cup before a neighbor came over and my time was gone.

Sigh. I feel for you. And I agree with the other poster. Pregnancy brain can be one thing but post pregnancy brain is totally another. Good luck!!!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09

JoyNChrist
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Ugh. I vote that you get to go back to bed. Where's DH?