PDA

View Full Version : Check THIS out! Trike/stroller

Nooknookmom
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.greenpacks.org/2009/05/14/the-taga-stroller-and-tricycle-folded-into-one/

This the first *new* concept I'vs seen in a long time! If I had the $$ I'd be driving this around town. I walk (push DD) to the stores all the time & boy would this be cool!

truly scrumptious
04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow - brilliant! I love it!

christiedavid3
04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
That is too cool!!!!

TwoBees
04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea, but it makes me very uneasy that the mother and children are not wearing helmets in the promo pics.

WatchingThemGrow
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok, that's crazy - no helmets, roller-coaster-looking front. wow! BTW, did anyone else have 5(!) different Hanna ads pop up on that link? Do I have too many clicks on HA recently?

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
wow- love the one with the little car thing in front for two kids- that would be so cool to ride to the park in with my 2 1/2 and 11 month old!!!

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM
just promo pics, why does everyone always have complain about no helmets???

elektra
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
How cool! I freaked out a bit at the lack of helmets too, but I was thinking that if you are going slow, isn't it similar to just jogging with a stroller? I mean it is a 3-wheeler vs. a tippy bike. I would still probably put helmets on my kids in the bike mode though.

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
i agree helmets are great, but it just seems like everyone is do uptight these days...

MamaBear
04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I've seen this one before somewhere else online. Clever idea!

As for helmets, it's a Dutch bike, and I've seen very few helmets used in the Netherlands. In my husband's hometown (in Germany) there's even a sculpture in a park of a family out cycling - the kids are wearing helmets but the adults aren't. In fact, he only started wearing a helmet because one of his colleagues was in a serious accident (hit by a car while cycling) and lived because of the helmet. Then he convinced his parents to wear them, too. Still not common in Europe, not that I've seen, anyway.

wellyes
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
As for helmets, it's a Dutch bike, and I've seen very few helmets used in the Netherlands.

First thing I thought when I saw the pictures was - this makes me want to move to Amsterdam.

MamaBear
04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
First thing I thought when I saw the pictures was - this makes me want to move to Amsterdam.

I :heartbeat: Amsterdam!

citymama
04-02-2010, 07:12 PM
So cool - love it! Anyone figure out how much it costs?

hellokitty
04-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I've seen one before that looked like an adult bike with an covered bike trailer in the FRONT. The thing that bothers me about the one posted here is that it just looks really unsafe. Not just the helmets, but the children are in the very front, with no protection... if there is an accident, what happens?

Nooknookmom
04-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I :heartbeat: Amsterdam!

My neighbor's 2 doors down just moved back.

They miss the lifestyle. Biked **everywhere**, in fact b/c we are so close to town, the Mom rides her bike w/ the kiddos all over. She has these cute baskets on either side of the rear wheel to stick grocery bags in!

They moved over when their kids were infant/toddler, so that was basically all they knew (I think they were there 6-7years). It has been hard for them to transition to our US school. Must be very different.

Suzanne74
04-03-2010, 12:26 AM
I love it. I love bike riding so much more then jogging.

Europeans do not have to wear helmets like we do. They are much more laid back then we are.

And really, it is meant for a nice casual bike ride, no one will be doing lance armstrong speeds in that thing. I bet joggers/runners go faster in a Bob stroller and I never see helmets on those kids.