PDA

View Full Version : BJCE v. BJCM

Lila
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Why did I get a BJCE? I got it from all the recommendations here! And I mostly kinda like it but it feels HUGE to me. I'm still hunting for a good "in between" umbrella stroller (a Mac or PP) as DD grows out of her snap and go, but the BJCE, which I know I'll use b/c I love going on walks, just feels so enormous and she looks lost in it! I saw a BJCM the other day, and thought, now why didn't I just get that?

I got this from my registry at babies-r-us, and DH took it out of the box already and set it up, so I guess I can't exchange it ... esp. with BBRUS returns policy ... :(

Tell me I made the right choice? !

WatchingThemGrow
04-02-2010, 02:27 PM
It's a great stroller! A Mac Triumph is a great addition to it for errands/travel. I have a Bugaboo, and had I KNOWN about the BJCE, I would have seriously considered it instead. Now, I do have the BJCED and find the BJCMD a great travel/lightweight stroller as well. For longevity (like when your DC are much older) you'll appreciate the headroom of the Elite and the Triumph over the Mini. Keep it. You'll love the versatility! I think BRU will allow returns with receipt though if you feel strongly about returning it. What in the world could be better? I do not use our Mini or Triumph for going on walks. You need air tires for the baby's comfort and for the ease of pushing it.

AnnieW625
04-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't own the Mini or the Elite, but had I known about the Elite in 2006 when I had DD (not even sure if it was out then) I most likely would've gotten that single as an alternative to the jogger we ended up with. It's a great stroller. Now we did look at the Mini last year and while I did like it it was redundant to the Triumph we already had. The Triumph does have a higher seat back and I believe higher weight limit so we opted to not get a Mini also.

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
i feel the same exact way and i've had a couple of each one :) the elite is just overkill now unless you really do some serious walking! it is just huge and heavy, the mini is just much more all around and doesn't break your back putting it in the car which is important for me. you could sell your elite and just get the mini- it was my only for a year when i just had one baby :) used it on light strolls in the hood and errands/mall etc. i am still in love with my bjcm and now my bjcmd although i hardly use the double as my 2 1/2 year old is much to independent to be straped in for small outings and that's all we really have time for these days with two! get the mini, it has all the great features of the elite but is just cuter and more compact :)

Lila
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm just wondering if I got the mini if it would just take care of my problems with already having a BJCE and needing an "in between" (smaller, umbrella-style) stroller.

smcdonald2
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
If you can, take the BJCM for a stroll around the store and see how it feels. "In between stroller" means different things to different people, but I think the City Mini is a perfect do-it-all stroller when you don't need air tires.

I thought you said in another post that the BJCM was a definite "no" for you, though. I'm curious what changed your mind?

Lila
04-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, it was a no as far as keeping the BJCE and getting that in addition. I want a more traditional stroller for my "in between" - run into stores, and grab it out of the back of my car kinda thing.

I guess if I want to take good long walks, I'll like the BJCE - right? I mean, that's what I got it for. But it is just much BIGGER than I expected.

Is the BJCM good for long walks over sidewalks, stone, pavement, etc?

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 03:53 PM
bjcm is fine for light strolls and errands too. just depends how many strollers you want- for us, the fewer the better as we have a small one car garage attached to our condo so not tons of extra stroller space! my bjcm lives in my trunk and i take it out as needed. bjcmd lives in the garage. it is a PERFECT do- all stroller, i personally find macs too little stroller and wayyy to tipy- i've owned a volo and a quest, did not care for either. the bjcm is bigger than a mac but still compact- i compare it's size to a p3 (not as clunky tho)...bigger than a mac, much smaller than a bjce :) give it a try!

arivecchi
04-03-2010, 11:41 AM
It's a great stroller! A Mac Triumph is a great addition to it for errands/travel. For longevity (like when your DC are much older) you'll appreciate the headroom of the Elite and the Triumph over the Mini. Keep it. I do not use our Mini or Triumph for going on walks. You need air tires for the baby's comfort and for the ease of pushing it.:yeahthat: You will appreciate the additional headroom and the air tires once you start doing more stuff outdoors. I would get an umbrella instead of the BJCM, but in addition to the BJCE.

Lila
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Do you think the BJCE with a Peg Perego Switch (after I test drive it, of course) is a good combo then?

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought the Switch was pretty bulky from my one test drive. Haven't ever tried the Si, but DH thinks the P3 is too plasticky for his taste. He loves the Mac, and we don't have issues with tippiness b/c we put our stuff in the basket, not on the handles.

arivecchi
04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I agree with WTG's DH, Pegs are just to plasticky for me and I own one. :bag

Andi98989
04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
We have a BJCE and a Graco Mosaic and that combination is working well for us so far. The BJCE is the only stroller we were able to find which DH can actually push due to the adjustable handle and the wide wheelbase. I was just looking at it and the BJCM a couple of weeks ago and they really are pretty different strollers. We're loving how easy the BJCE is to push on walks through our neighborhood, and for taking over the grass out to the community playground. It's working much better than the Mosaic for stuff like that. On Friday I took DS to the botanical gardens and just used the Mosaic since I wanted something with a smaller footprint than the BJCE.