PDA

View Full Version : BCP Sugar Pill Week Question

mommylamb
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Has anyone on this board skipped their sugar pill week and just gone right onto the next BCP pack to avoid getting AF? I know this is ok to do, but I'm wondering if I'm going to have an especially heavy AF at the end of the month. I was in China last week for work, and of course, it was my AF week. And, while my hotel had a western style toilet, I knew I wouldn't always have that luxury during the week. Squatting to pee is one thing, but I really didn't want to have to deal with having my period while there.

Raidra
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I only did it once because of a vacation we were on. Next month wasn't traumatic or anything, but it may have been a little heavier than normal.

niccig
04-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I've done it when going on vacation or somewhere where it would be very inconvenient - did it for a couple of months in a row when trekking in Nepal. Sometimes I got a little breakthrough spotting, but nothing major.

Talk with your PCP about it.

army_mom
04-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I have done it continously for the last year with no issues at all. I've done it before and don't remember it causing an extra heavy month when I resumed normal dosage.

Cam&Clay
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I do it for 4 packs in a row, resulting in a period every 3 months. My doctor prescribes it that way.

jerigirl
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I've done it when going on vacation or somewhere where it would be very inconvenient - did it for a couple of months in a row when trekking in Nepal. Sometimes I got a little breakthrough spotting, but nothing major.

Talk with your PCP about it.
:yeahthat: I have done it but had some break thru.