PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

tnrnchick74
04-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I just got a call from DCF. Someone has made a referral and they are coming to investigate me tonight.

I have no clue what's going on.

I have no idea what the referral is about.

I haven't done anything wrong.

Please keep me from freaking out!

BabyMine
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
:hug: Don't worry, they are just going to come over a check things out. After they see what a wonderful mama you are they will leave.

Globetrotter
04-02-2010, 07:25 PM
It is a misunderstanding or false report. You will be fine :hug:

elektra
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe they want to ask you about another child you know?
Could it be that neighbor that knocked on your door??
Hope it's nothing!

wellyes
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
:hug: How stressful - it's surely just a misunderstanding.

Swimfreak78
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Just breathe deep. Hope it's nothing. ::hugs::

KrisM
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
It must be a mistake or about someone else. Hang in there.

mommylamb
04-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Didn't you recently have to bring him to the ER a couple times in just over a couple days? Maybe they just want to double check and make sure things are ok. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people. Hang in there.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-02-2010, 07:34 PM
:grouphug:

If it is obvious to US on the BBB you are a great mom, anyone IRL has to be able to see that ,too!

MamaMolly
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Try not to worry, you are a terrific mama! P and PT on the way (and a twisty straw for after they go ;))

MommyofAmaya
04-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Could it be that neighbor that knocked on your door??

My first thought.

JoyNChrist
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Deep breath. I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding. Be honest and non-defensive and you'll be fine!

egoldber
04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't you recently have to bring him to the ER a couple times in just over a couple days?

Yes, this could easily be the auto trigger for a follow-up DFS visit.

mytwosons
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Try not to worry. (I know, easier said than done.) I think if they had a serious concern, they would have shown up unannounced and done a surprise check. This is probably just a routine follow-up to the ER visits.

KpbS
04-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Try to not worry. Put any dishes in the dishwasher, run the vacuum, pick up the toys, and make the beds. :grouphug:

shawnandangel
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Try not to worry! PP's have given you great advice, but really you don't need it! You're an awesome mama. P&PT coming your way!

lmintzer
04-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Yep. Most likely it was the two ER visits. Do not worry--just be honest and be yourself, and they will see that you've done nothing wrong. Just a routine thing. I can understand why you'd be scared, though.

One other thought--when you called about your neighbors, did you identify yourself? Or was it an anonymous report. Maybe they are following up on that.

JBaxter
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
FYI you dont HAVE to let them in the house. Find out what they want to talk to you about BEFORE you let them in.

m448
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
FYI you dont HAVE to let them in the house. Find out what they want to talk to you about BEFORE you let them in.

this ita

bubbaray
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Didn't you recently have to bring him to the ER a couple times in just over a couple days?

:yeahthat:

tnrnchick74
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
The ER was over 2 weeks ago. IT would be unusual for an ER to contact DCF at this time. The worker said she got the referral this afternoon.

It's from Orange County & they didn't have my home address.

The worker is on her way over. I'm not sure how much I will be able to share afterwards. I am wary of posting much detail on the internet.

MommyofAmaya
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
The ER was over 2 weeks ago. IT would be unusual for an ER to contact DCF at this time. The worker said she got the referral this afternoon.

The worker is on her way over. I'm not sure how much I will be able to share afterwards. I am wary of posting much detail on the internet.

Good luck with the visit. Hopefully you will be able to update that all is well. :hug:

dukie41181
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Good luck with the visit. Hopefully you will be able to update that all is well. :hug:

mamicka
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh goodness. I would be freaking out too, just because of the unknown. Hang in there & try not to worry.

Thinking of you. :hug:

bubbaray
04-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, in that case, its probably your weirdo neighbor or your ex who called.

lalasmama
04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Thinking of you... P&PT for this visit. As someone who's had DHS involved before (I'm a foster parent, and went through some depression, and when that happens, they circle around you like voltures), the wait for the visit is always the worst part. From your last post, it sounds like the visit is likely going on right now....

What always gets me, no matter how many caseworkers I meet (I think there's been 7 or so in the past 3 years of foster parenting), is their ability to "sniff out" a good parent and a not-so-good parent. In our specific case, my house was cluttered and I had a sink full of dishes (and no dishwasher). My bedroom had become a storage room, and, because of the depression, I preferred sleeping on the couch, "caccoooned" anyway. But, they saw that Lala and I were well-bonded and loved each other, that La was well taken care of and clean, her needs were being met, and that was the end of the volture scene.

:hug:

pinkmomagain
04-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Good luck...I hope all goes well! (fingers and toes crossed)

TwinFoxes
04-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh wow. Please update us. :hug: I'm sure this can't be easy. I would have voted fir the neighbor who pounded on your door, but clearly she knows your address. :(

purpleeyes
04-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Thinking of you! Lots of good vibes headed your way....

bubbaray
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I would have voted fir the neighbor who pounded on your door, but clearly she knows your address. :(

Good point. I vote for the ex. OK, well, not voting FOR him, but meaning that he might have called.

P&PT coming your way!

malphy
04-02-2010, 11:14 PM
How scary!!! I hope it turns out to be nothing,

DrSally
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Strange! Please try not to worry, it must be a misunderstanding. Please update us when you can, you can always delete it after a few hours.

tnrnchick74
04-02-2010, 11:50 PM
The case is being investigated, but my son remains with me. I am the victim of someone's anti-Semitic viewpoints. I can't go into details.

What scares me the most is that my psycho-ex will be notified and told of everything.

elektra
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Horrible. So glad you guys are still together. P & PT for you guys during the investigation. Soulds like nothing should come of it at least.

DietCokeLover
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm sure everything will be cleared up quickly. Stay strong and confident if who you are as a Mommy. Hugs to you.

Leeannpk
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Holy cow. Good vibes headed your way...

Globetrotter
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
HUGE :grouphug: to you and your little one. You did nothing wrong. You will be fine, but I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Kitten007
04-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Praying that you will be fine and left alone! So sorry you are going thru this.

kransden
04-03-2010, 12:14 AM
The case is being investigated, but my son remains with me. I am the victim of someone's anti-Semitic viewpoints. I can't go into details.

What scares me the most is that my psycho-ex will be notified and told of everything.

Well, at least it doesn't sound like your Ex. He was my first thought though. Sorry he has to be told, but at least he didn't make the call in the first place. Maybe he'll be to busy to bother you.

gatorsmom
04-03-2010, 12:17 AM
OMG How awful and scary!!! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

P and pt coming your way! :grouphug:

tnrnchick74
04-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, at least it doesn't sound like your Ex. He was my first thought though. Sorry he has to be told, but at least he didn't make the call in the first place. Maybe he'll be to busy to bother you.
But he will be given my phone # and physical location. He's a violent man.

Melbel
04-03-2010, 12:22 AM
But he will be given my phone # and physical location. He's a violent man.

Sending P&PT. If his parental rights have not been terminated, I am surprised that he does not already have your address. Is it possible that the X is still responsible, perhaps through a third party?

LexyLou
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh my goodness. How scary. I hope this anti-Semite gets investigated. What a sicko.

I'm sorry about your ex getting your info. I can't believe they would put you in danger. Did you bring that up to them? That's horrible.

egfmba
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
do you have a protective order against your ex? they may not be able to divulge your location if doing so would help him violate that. if not, explain the situation, show any police reports you've filed to them, and ask that they be the contact point for your ex. IOW, have him call them and them call you to discuss this situation. for them to endanger you when any claim of abuse or neglect hasn't been substantiated or sustained is just negligent, bordering on reckless. discuss all that with them and enlist their help in seeking options. also, contact the local women's shelter and explain the situation to them and ask if they can guide you in protecting yourself.

good luck, and prayers for you.
eva

Nooknookmom
04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Whoa - if your ex is violent and you are afraid for your and your son's safety, how can they divulge your current address??

Have they been notified of the danger?

I sure hope you get this resolved quickly - P&PT going out right now!

niccig
04-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Find a lawyer. Ask at your temple for help locating someone. Do it tomorrow. I think you need someone on your side to make sure that this goes no further and that you ex does not get your location. I hope this goes away quickly.

maydaymommy
04-03-2010, 01:10 AM
thinking of you, your son, and sending all good vibes your way.

JustMe
04-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Find a lawyer. Ask at your temple for help locating someone. Do it tomorrow. I think you need someone on your side to make sure that this goes no further and that you ex does not get your location. I hope this goes away quickly.

This sounds like a really good idea. I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you are worried about that the temple may have an idea of someone who can do pro-bono work.

tnrnchick74
04-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Things are being put into place. Apparently the "rights" of the "father" supercede the past history and previous court orders.

This is the last post I'm going to make. I'm not discussing it further. Thanks for your support.

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2010, 06:53 AM
:grouphug: to you and you LO. Stay safe!

heatherlynn
04-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Scary. But you'll be fine. :grouphug:

pinkmomagain
04-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Sending positive thoughts to you & your dc that this gets resolved quickly without incident. So so sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))

elizabethkott
04-03-2010, 08:32 AM
(((((hugs)))))
And prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
And bad, bad cosmic karma to the @ss whose anti-semetic views/thoughts/meddling got this horrible ball rolling. One day, they'll get what's coming to them for being so disgusting.

Twoboos
04-03-2010, 08:34 AM
P&PT to you & DS!!

mamicka
04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry.

I'll be praying for you guys. :hug:

JTsMom
04-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Thinking of you and sending P&PT. What an awful situation! You have the truth on your side though, and that's going to come out. :grouphug:

oneplustwo
04-03-2010, 09:50 AM
P&PT to you and your son that you both stay safe. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

jenfromnj
04-03-2010, 10:25 AM
This sounds like a really good idea. I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you are worried about that the temple may have an idea of someone who can do pro-bono work.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I think speaking to a lawyer is an excellent idea.

bubbaray
04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Things are being put into place. Apparently the "rights" of the "father" supercede the past history and previous court orders.

You need to speak with a lawyer. That does not seem right. I would contact your Temple if this complaint revolves around your conversion. I'm sure they will find someone to help you asap.

HTH

wencit
04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh my goodness! :hug: I hope this will be resolved quickly. Stay strong, mama!

StantonHyde
04-03-2010, 12:05 PM
So very, very sorry!!!! Yep--contact your Temple and the Anti-Defamation League!!!!! I understand you can't discuss it here. Just know we are all rooting for you!!

tnrnchick74
04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't go into specifics for obvious reasons. Be sure that my rabbi, at least 2 lawyers, the Jewish federation are involved already. The ACLU & anti defamation league may be called in. I feel sure at least the local media will be notified. I will probably lose my job, wrongfully of course. But the appropriate people are working on the situation. I appreciate the support & will update as much as possible.

misshollygolightly
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I am so, so sorry. Sending up lots of PPT on your behalf!!!

Melanie
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM

I'm so sorry. He was my first thought when I read your original post. I don't know which is worse. I hope some peace and safety for both of you.

carolinamama
04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to send my prayers and positive thoughts your way. So sorry you are going through this - it just doesn't seem right.

lmintzer
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. Just in case you aren't aware, there are attorneys who specialize in employment discrimination. If you do lose your job, this is exactly the kind of case they take on. Hopefully, you can get in touch with one of them!

I can't imagine what happened, but it must be awful. Sending you my best wishes and thoughts for a more favorable resolution!

WitMom
04-03-2010, 01:42 PM
This is unbelievable! I am hoping for a quick and easy resolution for you and your son. I will pray that you remain safe and together. You have a lot of people pulling for you!

MZS V
04-03-2010, 01:49 PM
What a nightmare! I am so sorry, and will be praying for you and your DS!

oneplustwo
04-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I can't go into specifics for obvious reasons. Be sure that my rabbi, at least 2 lawyers, the Jewish federation are involved already. The ACLU & anti defamation league may be called in. I feel sure at least the local media will be notified. I will probably lose my job, wrongfully of course. But the appropriate people are working on the situation. I appreciate the support & will update as much as possible.

OMG. You go, mama! I am so glad to hear you have so many people in your quarters to go to bat for you. Good luck! We will all be rooting for you.

boogiemomz
04-03-2010, 01:58 PM
how utterly devastating. we are pulling for you and praying for, hoping things get resolved soon for you.

michellerw
04-03-2010, 02:42 PM
How disgusting. Please keep us updated as much as is safe/prudent. The timing on this is utterly revolting. You and yours are in my thoughts.

infomama
04-03-2010, 03:07 PM
May you find strength during this difficult time. Holding you up in our prayers.

scrooks
04-03-2010, 03:09 PM
:grouphug: I'm sending prayers your way!

mommy111
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
(((((hugs)))))
And prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
And bad, bad cosmic karma to the @ss whose anti-semetic views/thoughts/meddling got this horrible ball rolling. One day, they'll get what's coming to them for being so disgusting.
Enlist all the help in real life that you can, mama. Even if you can't update, P&PT are headed your way and you and your LO are in our thoughts.

AJP
04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Good for you for reaching out and getting as much help and support behind you as you can. We'll be hoping for the best for you and your situation. If you are concerned that you've given too much info here you can always delete!
Good luck.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I am so sorry. I ill send you pt from Flagstaff. I really hope things work out for you.:22:

ehlana06
04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I will be praying for you as well. Just remember that although this horrible thing has happened to you God is on your side. If God is with you then who can be against you? My husband and I will make a point of keeping you in our daily prayers. :22:

Melaine
04-03-2010, 08:58 PM
It sounds like you have a great team working on this bad situation. I'm so so so sorry you are dealing with this!

tnrnchick74
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Had a conference call this evening with 2 lawyers and a rabbi...needed a partridge in a pear tree too

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this but I am really glad you have a good team assembled to help.

Beth

maylips
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
This is really unbelievable. I am so sorry but, as was mentioned, I'm glad you have a team in place that you trust and I hope you feel good that they are on your side. Definitely sending hugs your way!

KrisM
04-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Crazy. I am glad you have support people in place. I hope it gets resolved quickly.

mousemom
04-04-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending more P&PT for your family. I hope this is resolved in the quickest and least painful way possible.

kozachka
04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Hugs. And am glad you are getting help. I can't believe it's happening to you.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You don't deserve it. You are a good mother and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

jent
04-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending hugs & support.