PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Twin Swift vs Baby Jogger City Classic Double?

cellenly
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
We've had a really great time w/ the Phil & Ted in doubles mode but we've outgrown it. I was hoping that at almost 4 yo DD could now goto something like a Joovy, but we clearly need 2 side by side seats where both can recline if tired. DD - 40" 36 lbs, really likes riding. The 2 yo DS is more the in & out of the stroller type.

So I need something to replace the Phil & Ted which was my everyday stroller. We used it for trips to the zoo, mall, WDW.

So I'm thinking either the Twin Swift or the BJ City Classic.
Do you think that it's unrealistic to try to go through the mall with the City Classic? I know Williams & Sonoma & probably Gymboree would not be realistic. It was tight w/ the P&T. But how is it for you at the mall realistically. I mean I know I can get through the mall as in the main walkways. I'm not talking about fitting into doorways or main walkways, but do you find it frustrating & find yourself wishing that you had another stroller?

Am I going to hate the Twin Swift going from air tires to the plastic ones on the twin swift?

What would you choose?

Please help me decide soon so that I don't have to endure the incessant fighting on who gets to sit on the top seat of the Phil & Ted. (it got so bad today that I had to carry DS from the middle of the zoo to the parking lot today. *sigh*)

TIA!

WatchingThemGrow
04-02-2010, 08:47 PM
We have the Elite double and the Mini double. I wouldn't mind taking my Elite to the mall, but it's my KIDS I don't like taking to the mall. We do it sometimes, but not a ton. Usually DH has the double and I'll take the single or wear DS1 or 2 on my back in the Ergo. I do like the air tires SO much more, esp. for the things you mentioned (zoo, WDW) and I use the Elite for my everyday stroller b/c of all the nice features, plus I've always got 2 riders and 1 doing something else. Having a single handlebar and being able to hold one hand while pushing the stroller has been really nice.

jacksmoma
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
how about a bjcmd? best of both worlds :) the seat backs are only 1" shorter than the elite- i measured them myself. my tall 2 1/2 year old- 37"- fits fine in it. i had the elite but returned it as it is just so massive and heavy. hth!

WatchingThemGrow
04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
My DD, same size, same age, looks squished in the mini, but fits comfortably in the Elite, plus it's much harder to push with both DC in it than the Elite. We do use it for certain places, but mainly with the younger two, not the older two.

salsah
04-03-2010, 12:24 AM
the bjcmd seems like a reasonable compromise.

arivecchi
04-03-2010, 11:12 AM
My 41 inch tall DS fits in our BJCCD but not in a BJCMD. Having said that, I would opt for the Inglesina for the mall. I jut cannot envision a BJCCD in a mall. I would imagine the Inglesina should accomodate a 40 inch old kiddo.

cellenly
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. Yeah, I think the BJCCD is too big for the mall probably. We realized that we need the stroller the most at the zoo & other outdoor outings - meaning we want air tires. So we ended up getting a BJCCD. We took it out yesterday, and it took some getting used to in terms of size. You definitely feel like a wide load compared to the P&T. You definitely can't cut through crowds as well. I guess that's just the life of a side by side.

btw, DH said yesterday, "when you told me a few years ago about these people who had 5 strollers, I thought they were crazy. Now look at our garage" as he looks upon our collection of 5 strollers. Now onto the work of craigslisting.

arivecchi
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Hope you enjoy your BJCCD. It is perfect for outdoors.

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
btw, DH said yesterday, "when you told me a few years ago about these people who had 5 strollers, I thought they were crazy. Now look at our garage" as he looks upon our collection of 5 strollers. Now onto the work of craigslisting.
:ROTFLMAO: Wait, you can TTC another one so you don't have to let any go...

cellenly
04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
:ROTFLMAO: Wait, you can TTC another one so you don't have to let any go...

:D When I saw you were pregnant w/ #3, I thought, better woman than I plus your children & pregnancies must have been less traumatic than mine....or you're just braver & crazier than I....or a bit of all 3.

We're done. I'm beat up & traumatized. I've concluded I'm not a good mother for baby stage (hate that crying & not knowing why). I really enjoy age 2-3. I said to DH who sorta wanted 3, the only way I would have another (esp in ur time frame) is if we had a maid plus a full time helper to help clean, cook, and do other misc stuff. And that's not gonna happen for us.

btw, i secretly want to buy stroller #6 - joovy ultralight or the twin swift. And, I still want to hold onto the zippy, but DH's set on me getting rid of all of it, and he's prob right.

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm beat up & traumatized.
:yeahthat: before we were expecting #3. I :applause: you for knowing your limits!! Apparently I didn't know we'd reached mine. Funny you say that about the housecleaner...MIL and FIL threw money at us to get one(and some childcare help) when DS2 arrived. That's seriously the ONLY way we are surviving.

Does the Zippy have a ride-on board like the P3? I keep thinking there will be a time we could really use one of those. Bubbaray says the P3 is her favorite double. But, the BJCED is mine, for sure! Hope you enjoy your new one!

strollerqueen
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
:D When I saw you were pregnant w/ #3, I thought, better woman than I plus your children & pregnancies must have been less traumatic than mine....or you're just braver & crazier than I....or a bit of all 3.

We're done. I'm beat up & traumatized. I've concluded I'm not a good mother for baby stage (hate that crying & not knowing why). I really enjoy age 2-3. I said to DH who sorta wanted 3, the only way I would have another (esp in ur time frame) is if we had a maid plus a full time helper to help clean, cook, and do other misc stuff. And that's not gonna happen for us.

btw, i secretly want to buy stroller #6 - joovy ultralight or the twin swift. And, I still want to hold onto the zippy, but DH's set on me getting rid of all of it, and he's prob right.

Well, adding another stroller is a lot easier and cheaper than adding another kid! :rotflmao:

strollerqueen
04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
:yeahthat: before we were expecting #3. I :applause: you for knowing your limits!! Apparently I didn't know we'd reached mine. Funny you say that about the housecleaner...MIL and FIL threw money at us to get one(and some childcare help) when DS2 arrived. That's seriously the ONLY way we are surviving.

Does the Zippy have a ride-on board like the P3? I keep thinking there will be a time we could really use one of those. Bubbaray says the P3 is her favorite double. But, the BJCED is mine, for sure! Hope you enjoy your new one!

Yes, the newer Zippys do.