PDA

View Full Version : Buy cheap stroller for Disneyland or rent theirs?

conniez
04-03-2010, 09:28 AM
We will be going to DL this Summer w/ our 11 yr. old & 2 yr. old, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a stroller? I should preface by stating that I am a germaphobe, so I'm worried about how I'll fare if I have to use public restrooms/changing tables and/or rental strollers. TIA

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Do you have a stroller you could just take with you?

DietCokeLover
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
We bought a Graco Ipo and a Britax Blink to take instead of our BJ double and instead of renting when we went to WDW in Dec. So glad we did, as we were able to use it to and frm the parking lot/ transportation station. The Ipo was around $80 and the Blink around $100. Well worth the $$$ in my opinion.

conniez
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Do you have a stroller you could just take with you?

We never ended up buying a stroller because I always used a baby or toddler carrier for quick trips (mall/grocery store). I used to have one of those Graco travel systems (crappy stroller part though) when DD2 was younger.

We bought a Graco Ipo and a Britax Blink to take instead of our BJ double and instead of renting when we went to WDW in Dec. So glad we did, as we were able to use it to and frm the parking lot/ transportation station. The Ipo was around $80 and the Blink around $100. Well worth the $$$ in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion..will look into that! I forgot to add that what I love about strollers is that I have a place to put all my crap!

TwinFoxes
04-03-2010, 11:39 AM
DL strollers kind of suck. And if you're a germaphobe you won't like them. I don't think they're "dirty" but they definitely looked used (because they are :) ) How many days are you going to be there? It's $15/day to rent a stroller, so if you're going to be there several days you won't save that much. Lastly, if I remember correctly, you're planning to stay at one of the close by hotels? You'll want to be able to have your DD in a stroller on the way back at the end of the day. You will soooo not feel like carrying her.

Karenn
04-03-2010, 12:46 PM
We bought this cheap umbrella stroller from big lots for about $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-XSport-Folding-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B002QEADGE

It was totally worth it to have our own stroller. The walk from the hotel to the park was really long. Honestly, it was probably when we used the stroller most. Also, I know they say it's not a hassle to rent one, but it was nice not to have to deal with that when we got to the park. We just went straight to the rides. I'd totally buy one for the trip if I were in your shoes.

GraceH
04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I used to have one of those Graco travel systems (crappy stroller part though) when DD2 was younger.

If there's a chance of you having another child, I would pick the Graco Mosaic over the Graco Ipo because it has a front bumper bar (otherwise, same design) which allows it to be a travel system.

conniez
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
It's $15/day to rent a stroller, so if you're going to be there several days you won't save that much. Lastly, if I remember correctly, you're planning to stay at one of the close by hotels? You'll want to be able to have your DD in a stroller on the way back at the end of the day. You will soooo not feel like carrying her.

Totally forgot about that! I've gotten used to wearing her in my toddler carrier (Kinderpack) since she's a peanut at only 23 lbs!

We bought this cheap umbrella stroller from big lots for about $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-XSport-Folding-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B002QEADGE

Thanks for the suggestion! The stores in the Bay Area never seem to have these good deals people do in other states, but I'm def. going to look into it!

If there's a chance of you having another child, I would pick the Graco Mosaic over the Graco Ipo because it has a front bumper bar (otherwise, same design) which allows it to be a travel system.

Hmm...another child? maybe in the future after we buy a house, but please not now...goodness knows we don't have the room! :rotflmao: thx for the tip!

DebbieJ
04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
yes, buy your own stroller and make sure it reclines.

conniez
04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
yes, buy your own stroller and make sure it reclines.

That reminds me...does anyone have recommendations on an inexpensive stroller for DL that reclines? :D

lareigna
04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
The Chicco Liteway is really nice - much better and nicer than the Ipo or Mosaic , IMO, on par with Mac. I haven't seen a Blink or the Evenflo irl. I last saw it in my local BRU for $119, and I know there are some 20% coupons floating around out there. It doesn't take a carseat, which you don't need, but it has a basket that converts into a backpack. Great for taking your stuff with you when you get in line for the rides. It has a nice canopy, suspension, and has a nice recline mechanism, so you don't have to fiddle with tightening a strap, and it is nice and deep. Also has a sturdy carry handle, great for getting on and off buses/monorails, etc. Pushes a whole lot nicer too, great light steering, no double front wheels and I have been using it for a few months now and no wheel squealing. Comes with a cupholder and the canopy can unzip for more air ventilation- Great for me since I live in FL. My 10 mo dd finds it very comfortable, as it also has an adjustable footrest. Great features for the price!

smcdonald2
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
The Keekaroo Karoo is an awesome, very cushy stroller with full recline and a leg rest. It's good for kids up to 55lbs.

http://www.amazon.com/Keekaroo-Karoo-Stroller-Crimson-Red/dp/B0019VMYOY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1270399702&sr=8-2