PDA

View Full Version : news flash target-my 7 year old daughter doesn't wear flip flops or heels!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Honestly-we tried all afternoon to find sandals for dd1. NOTHING!!! was acceptable. All we found were sparkly hello kitty flip flops.Now while they were cute we were looking for her every day sandals. Keep in mind this girl is in the sandbox, pool,tree climbing,bike riding, ravine investigating, all over the freaking place in the summer so we need something like a keen sandal. Do target or walmart make something like that in my price range. NO-silly me. I should have known better. Now i get to cool my heels and wait for the resale shop to have some or i can pull $50 out of my rear to buy them.

Pheh on target. Pheh, Pheh. :52:

happy2bamom
04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Thank you! I thought I was the only one with a 6 yo that didn't wear flip flops. I mean honestly, how are they expected to keep those on while running, tumbling and being kids? They're cute, but not very practical!

mamicka
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
That would bug me, too. My boys don't wear flip-flops either. Do they have anything in boys shoes that would be acceptable? I don't have daughters so I don't know if girls shoes are different fit-wise.

elephantmeg
04-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I just got DS a pair of nerf sandles at walmart this week-they have them in red, green, yellow. They were $9

DrSally
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I saw some Keen knock-offs in a Kohl's ad recently--they had pink. At the time, I think they were on sale for 11.99. It reminds me that I should check them out for DD. I would totally go there and take a look. When I started reading your post, the first thing I thought was Keens! I, too, don't want to spend the $$ on them though. I looked on line for a pic, but couldn't find one...

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I was thinking that there had to start being Keen knock offs soon. It's about time in the cycle. Lands Ens has some good kid shoes for summer too.

Beth

newg
04-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I just bought the keen knock offs at Kohls and I love them for DD!! I need to find another pair in the next size up so she'll have them all summer.
They look just like keens and she's been wearing them all week outside.

And I hear ya on the yucky footwear for little kids..........even DD at two has more flip-flop and flimsy sandal options than fishermen type sandals........how are flimsy, thin, sparkly shoes suppose to protect her feet while she plays outside???

mommylamb
04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
You might want to try lands end overstock to see what they've got.

DrSally
04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I just bought the keen knock offs at Kohls and I love them for DD!! I need to find another pair in the next size up so she'll have them all summer.

Good to hear. What price did you get them at? I really need to get over there. Do you feel they run wide like real Keens?

newg
04-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I got them for 11.99........regular price is 24.99 I think. I don't feel they are wide..........DD has a regular width foot.

DrSally
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I got them for 11.99........regular price is 24.99 I think. I don't feel they are wide..........DD has a regular width foot.

Thanks!........

bronkowitz
04-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Totally agree. My daughter doesn't wear flip flops either. Can I just add to your vent and say that I am sick of sandals for girls that have a piece that goes between the toes? She refuses to wear those because they hurt and that knocks off a lot of sandal choices out there as well.

elizabethkott
04-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Have you tried Payless? I usually have really good luck there finding sandals for J that he can rough and tough through the summer. Granted, they're destroyed come September, but at the rate his feet grow, it's not like I'm saving them or anything anyway. I can usually find ones for about $10-$15, and last year I found a great pair of water shoes that he lived in at the pool for $5 on sale!!! :)
Target just frustrates me in the shoe department. They NEVER have his size. It's like they remote scan his feet when we enter the store and then hide all the shoes that *would* have fit him. Grrr...

chlobo
04-04-2010, 11:11 AM

And I hear ya on the yucky footwear for little kids..........even DD at two has more flip-flop and flimsy sandal options than fishermen type sandals........how are flimsy, thin, sparkly shoes suppose to protect her feet while she plays outside???

Do you happen to know what they are called? I found a lot of boy sandals that looked "athletic" but nothing for girls. Were they Kohls brand? are they on the website?