PDA

View Full Version : BJCMD vs. Valco Twin Latitude vs. Joovy Ergo

jesserina
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I think I have narrowed it down to these 3. My kiddos will be 20 months apart (DD 20 months and a newborn). I definitely need a carseat adaptor to put on the stroller. The only one I have played with in person is the bjcmd. The Valco and Joovy unfortunately are not stocked anywhere locally.

Can anyone with experience with all 3 or 2 of them give me your thoughts?

I am 5'11 and would like a tall handlebar. Also I walk A LOT (we have a Vista currently and I wore the wheels out in a year - no more treads and the rubber has holes that is how much I used it).

Thanks!! :)

jacksmoma
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
bjcmd as it is compact yet full featured and pushes so well. i think the valco looks odd and heard the ergo pushes like a double graco (just as long as one too) and it si heavy at 34 lbs. gl!

legaleagle
04-04-2010, 07:46 PM
i just bought a twin latitude (not the Ion, which is the funny looking one). I havne't really used it yet since the baby won't be here for another 6 weeks! It' easy to fold though and nicely made. Weighs 30 lbs, plastic wheels. The canopies are gigantic, as are the city minis. I was originally going to get a BJCMD but the seatbacks are on the short side and my son is very tall and long torsoed.

WatchingThemGrow
04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
If you're that hard on wheels, you may want to look at something with air tires.

arivecchi
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
If you're that hard on wheels, you may want to look at something with air tires.:yeahthat:

jesserina
04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
If you're that hard on wheels, you may want to look at something with air tires.

Any doubles around $400 that have air tires? I have not seem anything. Does anyone know if you can buy replacement wheels for any of the strollers I mentioned above? That is what we did for the Vista when they wore out.

Thanks!!!

WatchingThemGrow
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
The handlebar on this one will blow your mind. http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-elite-double-stroller-in-black.html
You can put a carseat in it, but I never have bothered. My kids are tall/long and are out of the infant seat by 5 mos, so we just don't even bother. We put them straight into the BJ strollers. It's only $30 over your budget w/FS and no tax.

jesserina
04-06-2010, 12:26 AM
The handlebar on this one will blow your mind. http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-elite-double-stroller-in-black.html
You can put a carseat in it, but I never have bothered. My kids are tall/long and are out of the infant seat by 5 mos, so we just don't even bother. We put them straight into the BJ strollers. It's only $30 over your budget w/FS and no tax.

Oh wow that is a great price!! Thanks!!

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Be forewarned that it is heavy, but I use it as my everyday stroller. It is great for walking outdoors, and it was an easy transition from our Bugaboo to the BJCED.

jesserina
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Be forewarned that it is heavy, but I use it as my everyday stroller. It is great for walking outdoors, and it was an easy transition from our Bugaboo to the BJCED.

This would need to come shopping with us, so I would be moving it frequently from our car (we have a Traverse so size is not an issue). So it is doable?