PDA

View Full Version : Favorite frozen TJ's meal? (Going in 1 hour!)

elektra
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm running to TJ's in an hour to get some stuff for the DH to make for dinners while I am gone later this week and weekend.
He is actually a good cook, but more the "clear out the kitchen, do not disturb me, I am making prime rib and popovers from scratch" kind of cook. (His Easter meal was delicious BTW.)
But he is not a weekday cook at all. I don't think he has every prepared a meal for himself and both kids before, while also taking care of both kids.
So what are your favorite microwave meals from TJ's?
I did try one of the lasagna's (vegetable whole wheat I think?) and I really liked it. DH doesn't love Italian though. He does like Chinese, Mexican, Indian.

And I'm talking straight from the package to the microwave to the plate here.
If it involves prep it probably ain't happening.

Depending on when he gets home from work, it will either be a meal just for him, or for him and DD. So it might be ok if it's not totally kid friendly.

truly scrumptious
04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Pesto tortellini, although it is bit heavy (but delish!)

arivecchi
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Dh loves the steak burritos.

Twoboos
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Mandarin Orange Chicken. I usually do that in the oven. (Don't worry, it's dump on the tray and cook!)

With the frozen brown or white rice, and some frozen veggies. YUM!!

SnuggleBuggles
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Mac and Cheese
Chicken Tikka Masala
Garden Vegetable Lasagna

Beth

Tondi G
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
our family loves the mini beef tacos... they are better in the oven/toaster oven than they are form the microwave though... we just add some salsa (sometimes sour cream too) yum

strombolis are pretty good and easy

cheese enchiladas ... I like the black bean and corn (these are dairy/meat free)

My mom loves the frozen fettuccini alfredo ... she makes some chicken and broccoli to go with it.

I've had the mandarin chicken (orange chicken).... it was pretty tasty on top of some rice. Side of broccoli or green beans

AnnieW625
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
the steak, and chicken chili verde burritos are really good. The Nasi Goring rice mix is good. A lot of people like the Chinese chicken dishes, but I think they are just okay.

JTsMom
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I like the orange chicken and veggie fried rice- both really simple, and everyone will eat them.

elektra
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks everyone!
I got the steak burritos, pesto tortellini, cheese enchiladas, and mac n cheese.

We have done the orange chicken and I like that as does DH, but I decided to try some new stuff here. Maybe we'll find a new favorite. :)

DrSally
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Good suggestions. You could also do TJ's meatballs, DD and DS like them cut up. Or you could boil some tortellini or ravoili in advance and have it in a tupperware, ready to nuke. I used to really like the chicken chimichangas, but they d/c them :(
With the fetuccine Alfredo, I add extra noodles, b/c there's so much extra sauce.