PDA

View Full Version : How much pizza to order for Kindergartners

jacksmomtobe
04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Ok so Ds's kids party is this Sunday. We'lll be having pizza delivered to the indoor baseball place that the party is being held. How much should I order? I always struggle with this when we have a party. There will be 13 Kindergarten boys, 2 Kindergarten girls, and one boy in 3rd grade plus possibly 3 younger siblings hanging out.

Thanks!

kedss
04-06-2010, 07:48 AM
How many adults will need to be fed? I know my 6 yr old will usually eat 1 or 2 pieces of pizza when we go out, maybe less at a party though. I would probably get enough to give each kid the opportunity for 2, plus however many adults. I'm going to guess you will probably have extra at the end-

JTsMom
04-06-2010, 07:48 AM
DS will eat one or 2 pieces, depending on the size. I'd probably do 2 per kid and count on having leftovers, unless you have other food too, in which case I might do 1.5.

jacksmomtobe
04-09-2010, 07:06 AM
We're having a big cake and the pizza both of which have to be served within a 1/2 hour time frame. I will have the first piece of pizza on a plate for the kids when they enter the room. I'm only serving the pizza since it seemed to be the right thing to do since the party starts at 12:30. I have told the parents to make sure the child has a snack at home since they will be having an hour of activity when they first arrive at the party. I was just thinking of my DS who rarely eats much of the pizza served.

egoldber
04-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Hmm, my kid would eat at least one and probably 2 pieces of pizza at a party at that time. Personally, I would allow 2 pieces per child, but I would prefer to have leftovers than not have enough food.

bnme
04-09-2010, 09:46 AM
My kids would most likely only eat 1 slice. Are you ordering for parents or just kids? I would order 2 per kid, just to be on the safe side. But I would have the pizza cut into 10 or 12 slices.