PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo floors?

marie
04-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Anyone with bamboo floors that you would recommend?

We need to put flooring on the second floor and because of DD1's allergies we are going with a hard surface. Since it's the second floor, it isn't high traffic like kitchen or living room. Oh - and we'd be DIY'ng it.

any recs? the options are making me :dizzy:

larig
04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
we got some 6 years ago. the day we finished installing it (click-lock kind) our 60 lb dog put a scratch on it. I would never put it anywhere that dogs will be. other than that, it would be beautiful.

Tondi G
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
My sister has Bamboo in most of her house. I think it is very pretty but is prone to scratching.... you can see marks all over where her dog has run through the house. I've also heard that the floors can change(darken/lighten) over time ie with a rug in place for a while... or bleaching can occur with a lot of sunlight.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Bamboo-FlooringPros-and-Cons

marie
04-06-2010, 08:45 PM
thanks. we have eastern white pine on the first floor so we are plenty familiar with scratches/dents/sunlight changing the color. LOL

just gonna have to bite the bullet and pick something out.

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Can you put the same flooring as the first floor? I think it would seem weird resale-wise to have two different, but similar surfaces on different floors.