PDA

View Full Version : Easy chicken recipe please!!

sewarsh
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Need something for dinner tonight and feeling quite blah.

Thanks!

jse107
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
How about Chicken Pesto?

Just get some pesto from the grocery store (Buitoni), coat some chicken tenderloins/breasts and bake in the oven until done. In the last five minutes, you can add some shredded mozzerella to the top. It's a favorite in our family!

JTsMom
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Use a blend of mainly pecans (chopped- you can do them in the food processor, or whack them with a rolling pin), a little flour, salt and pepper to bread chicken. Instead of using egg, use maple syrup, then dip it in the breading mixture. Cover it if you want to do it in a sautee' pan with a little butter and oil, and make sure the chicken's not too thick or the nuts will burn. You can also start it in a pan, then transfer it to an oven.

Grill some chicken with a little seasoning, and throw it in with a boxed salad mix, tomatoes, a little cheese, etc. and toss with dressing. Serve with bread.

Saute' with red and green sliced peppers and onions. Season with 2 T Montreal seasoning and 1 T Chili lime seasoning (or a packet of fajita mix). Serve with tortillas, sour cream and cheese.

HIU8
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
How about chicken with cherries and peaches. You need whole cherries rinsed. sliced peaches in pear juice, sliced onions and catalina salad dressing. Mix together and put in pan with chicken. Bake for 45 minutes if chicken is very thick. It's yummy.

mousemom
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I made this easy recipe for chicken oreganato two weeks ago and really liked it. I used a whole lemon instead of half and marinated the chicken in the lemon juice/spices/olive oil for a couple of hours before cooking (that way I could do the prep while DS was napping and just pour it into the pan when I was ready to cook it.)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Oreganato/Detail.aspx

ohiomom1121
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
My SIL makes this and it's delicious. Soak boneless chicken breasts in buttermilk. Mix corn flake crumbs and dry ranch dressing mix in large plastic ziploc bag. Shake chicken in bag and put on cookie sheet. Spray with butter flavored Pam and drizzle a small amount of melted butter on top. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes

jse107
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
My SIL makes this and it's delicious. Soak boneless chicken breasts in buttermilk. Mix corn flake crumbs and dry ranch dressing mix in large plastic ziploc bag. Shake chicken in bag and put on cookie sheet. Spray with butter flavored Pam and drizzle a small amount of melted butter on top. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes

Ooh, I make this too. It is very yummy!!!

lorinick
04-06-2010, 03:08 PM

corn flake crumbs? What is that?

wendibird22
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Take 1/4-1/2C mayo (depending on how much you like) and mix with 1/4C chopped pecans and 1/4C blue cheese crumbs. Spread on top of 4 chicken breasts. Coat spread with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 till done. You can also use chopped pine nuts and feta.

Tondi G
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
these look yummy! I figure you could use thighs or breast if you don't have chicken legs.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/01/spicy_roasted_chicken_legs_-_tasty_and_easy_too/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/07/hot-sweet-drumsticks/

boolady
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
deleted. Never mind. My brain is completely muddled today.

daisymommy
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
You know, cornflakes all smashed up into crumbs :) Put them into a ziplock bag and whack away with a skillet or meat mallet.

MissyAg94
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
We love this and it's not hard at all!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-pine-nut-pesto-recipe/index.html

We eat it with pasta.

sewarsh
04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Take 1/4-1/2C mayo (depending on how much you like) and mix with 1/4C chopped pecans and 1/4C blue cheese crumbs. Spread on top of 4 chicken breasts. Coat spread with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 till done. You can also use chopped pine nuts and feta.

Made this tonight! Thanks Wendibird - it was a success. Both DC & DH liked it! Not "healthy" but easy and good nonetheless.